Close

Installation issues

dv8dug
2 years ago
#21788 Quote
I just bought Smart SEO for nopCommerce version 3.8. I have copied the SevenSpikes.Core and the SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.SmartSEO folders into the Plugins folder and restarted application. When I go to install through admin CP I get this error...

Short message  
Access to the path 'h:\root\home\********\www\site1\App_Data\InstalledPlugins.txt' is denied.
Full message  
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'h:\root\home\*******\www\site1\App_Data\InstalledPlugins.txt' is denied. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.File.InternalWriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.File.WriteAllText(String path, String contents) at Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginFileParser.SaveInstalledPluginsFile(IList`1 pluginSystemNames, String filePath) at Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.MarkPluginAsInstalled(String systemName) at Nop.Core.Plugins.BasePlugin.Install() at SevenSpikes.Nop.Framework.Plugin.BasePlugin7Spikes.asZyGL9jotSXft3VZSu(Object ) at SevenSpikes.Nop.Framework.Plugin.BasePlugin7Spikes.Install() at Nop.Admin.Controllers.PluginController.Install(FormCollection form)

What needs to be done?
todor.atanasov
2 years ago
#21789 Quote
dv8dug wrote:
I just bought Smart SEO for nopCommerce version 3.8. I have copied the SevenSpikes.Core and the SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.SmartSEO folders into the Plugins folder and restarted application. When I go to install through admin CP I get this error...

Short message  
Access to the path 'h:\root\home\********\www\site1\App_Data\InstalledPlugins.txt' is denied.
Full message  
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'h:\root\home\*******\www\site1\App_Data\InstalledPlugins.txt' is denied. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.File.InternalWriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.File.WriteAllText(String path, String contents) at Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginFileParser.SaveInstalledPluginsFile(IList`1 pluginSystemNames, String filePath) at Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.MarkPluginAsInstalled(String systemName) at Nop.Core.Plugins.BasePlugin.Install() at SevenSpikes.Nop.Framework.Plugin.BasePlugin7Spikes.asZyGL9jotSXft3VZSu(Object ) at SevenSpikes.Nop.Framework.Plugin.BasePlugin7Spikes.Install() at Nop.Admin.Controllers.PluginController.Install(FormCollection form)

What needs to be done?

Greetings,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Are you able to install any other third-party plugins?

Please make sure you have write permissions to the folders listed in the nopCommerce install documentation.
Best regards,
Todor Atanasov
Nop-templates.com
dv8dug
2 years ago
#21791 Quote
I have installed plugins before. File permissions are read/write/execute.
todor.atanasov
2 years ago
#21792 Quote
dv8dug wrote:
I have installed plugins before. File permissions are read/write/execute.

I believe it might be an issue with the shadow copies. The application uses shadow copies of all the plugin DLL files in the ~/Plugins/bin directory in order for functionalities like Upload plugins and themes from the administration to work.

However, there is an issue when the application pool the store is running on has an overlapped recycling turned on. NopCommerce deletes these shadow copies every time the store restarts so it can create a new one. However, during the overlapped recycling the old process running the application pool and the new one that needs to replace it (during recycle) overlap (hence the name), and the old process still holds the shadow copies when the new one tries to delete them resulting in this concurrency.

The only known solution to this issue is to disable the Overlapped Recycle of the application pool running your store. This can be done from the advanced settings of your app pool.

Please try disabling the overlapped recycle in your IIS.
Best regards,
Todor Atanasov
Nop-templates.com
dv8dug
2 years ago
#21797 Quote
Our Support Staff have replied to your ticket # PD-3270496
[Reply Time 12/2/2021 8:50:08 PM]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Customer,

Sorry, it is not allowed to disable IIS overlapped recycle on the shared server.

Thank you.
dv8dug
2 years ago
#21798 Quote
Bump bumpity bump bump...
dv8dug
2 years ago
#21799 Quote
What kind of service is this?
todor.atanasov
2 years ago
#21800 Quote
dv8dug wrote:
Our Support Staff have replied to your ticket # PD-3270496
[Reply Time 12/2/2021 8:50:08 PM]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Customer,

Sorry, it is not allowed to disable IIS overlapped recycle on the shared server.

Thank you.

Greetings,

Thank you for your reply!

It is a known issue in nopCommerce and this is the only solution we are aware of and if you disable our products, your access to another plugin in the list of plugins will be denied. Please read more about it here.

Please consider switching to a VPS server where you will have full control over your server or switching to a hosting company that allows this configuration in a shared environment.
Best regards,
Todor Atanasov
Nop-templates.com