Close

carousel not fully working

poshopperone1
2 years ago
#21711 Quote
Hello,  am trying to place a carousel on my homepage. the procedure I use is i go to the widget zone and select the location from the drop down menu.  The drop down menu only shows a limited amount of zones i can choose from and when I select say  
home_page_before_categories  or   manufacturerdetails_bottom
the carousel does not appear. but when i select  content_before
it does appear.  Am not sure if these has to do with some prior codes or what the issue is but. the carousel is 1) does not appear after selecting several zones and 2) I dont see as many does as there is in other widgets like html.widgets
todor.atanasov
2 years ago
#21713 Quote
poshopperone1 wrote:
Hello,  am trying to place a carousel on my homepage. the procedure I use is i go to the widget zone and select the location from the drop down menu.  The drop down menu only shows a limited amount of zones i can choose from and when I select say  
home_page_before_categories  or   manufacturerdetails_bottom
the carousel does not appear. but when i select  content_before
it does appear.  Am not sure if these has to do with some prior codes or what the issue is but. the carousel is 1) does not appear after selecting several zones and 2) I dont see as many does as there is in other widgets like html.widgets

Greetings,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I have replied to your ticket but I will provide the information here as well.

The available widget zones are defined in \Plugins\SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.JCarousel\SupportedWidgetZones.xml file and you can add any other widget zone there.

However, the data source type of the carousel is important as well. For example, if you want to show on the homepage, the featured products, you need to use Home Page Featured Products data source, instead of Category Featured Products, as the Category Featured Products data source returns products only on the category pages.

If you have any further questions, please reply to your ticket.
Best regards,
Todor Atanasov
Nop-templates.com