Close

New contact us form won't work if "Enable Product Reviews Tab" is checked off in admin plugin tab setting

ehubcap
10 years ago
#4494 Quote
Hi support:
The referred issue is preventing the contact us form from working, my guess is because that the model is constructed as the review tab model and referenced to it, consequently if we were to deactivate the review tab, the contact us form will not work afterwards.
Will you guys please, create a new model just for the contact us form and refactor the code, so we can have said contact us form working independently of the review tab being active or not?
Thank you, great work!
Boyko
10 years ago
#4499 Quote
ehubcap wrote:
Hi support:
The referred issue is preventing the contact us form from working, my guess is because that the model is constructed as the review tab model and referenced to it, consequently if we were to deactivate the review tab, the contact us form will not work afterwards.
Will you guys please, create a new model just for the contact us form and refactor the code, so we can have said contact us form working independently of the review tab being active or not?
Thank you, great work!

Hi ehubcap,

Just tested the Contact Us tab without the Review tab being enabled and it is working perfectly fine. I don't know why you assume that the models are somehow wrong but if you open the views of the plugin you will see that both views (_ProductContactUs.cshtml and _ProductReviews.cshtml) use different models (actually I don't see how they can be the same as the data is not the same i.e you have ratings etc.). Could you provide more information of the exact steps to reproduce it. It would be best to send us a link to your web site, so that we can take a look.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
ehubcap
10 years ago
#4500 Quote
Hi Boyko, you were absolutely right, it's working now, I might be doing something wrong, I can't even reproduce the issue anymore, maybe a page, browser, or cache refresh was due.
Thank you for all you support
[email protected]
10 years ago
#5825 Quote
Hi
i have same problem
when i enable the "product review" tab i get error
"'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper<Nop.Web.Models.Catalog.ProductReviewsModel>' does not contain a definition for 'GenerateCaptcha' and no extension method 'GenerateCaptcha' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper<Nop.Web.Models.Catalog.ProductReviewsModel>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference"
the "contact us" tab work fine.
the captcha in my setting is disable
Boyko
10 years ago
#5839 Quote
[email protected] wrote:
Hi
i have same problem
"'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper<Nop.Web.Models.Catalog.ProductReviewsModel>' does not contain a definition for 'GenerateCaptcha' and no extension method 'GenerateCaptcha' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper<Nop.Web.Models.Catalog.ProductReviewsModel>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference"

Hi [email protected],

It is possible that you are missing the web.config file or it is missing the captcha namespace in it.
Please download the plugin again and update the plugin folder with the latest version and check again.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
[email protected]
10 years ago
#5854 Quote
Boyko wrote:
Hi
i have same problem

Hi [email protected],

It is possible that you are missing the web.config file or it is missing the captcha namespace in it.
Please download the plugin again and update the plugin folder with the latest version and check again.

Thanks

Hi
I try again and same problem... i talk about the new version 3.3 (not 3.2)
[email protected]
9 years ago
#5948 Quote
Hi
there is news about this bug.
i try clean install of nopcommerce 3.3 and download again the fresh plugin and i still get same error

Compiler Error Message: CS1061: 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper<Nop.Web.Models.Catalog.ProductReviewsModel>' does not contain a definition for 'GenerateCaptcha' and no extension method 'GenerateCaptcha' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper<Nop.Web.Models.Catalog.ProductReviewsModel>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Source File: c:\nopCommerce_3.30\Presentation\Nop.Web\Plugins\SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.NopQuickTabs\Views\ProductTab\_ProductReviews.cshtml    Line: 49

<div class="captcha-box">
Line 49:                         @Html.Raw(Html.GenerateCaptcha())
Line 50:                     </div>