Close

Regarding Ribbon Token ${min-discount-value},${min-discount-percentage}

arkroop
10 years ago
#4339 Quote
I would like to know about these two token ${min-discount-value},${min-discount-percentage}. Please let know what data will be show on this token and how to set data in the admin for show the value of the token ${min-discount-value},${min-discount-percentage}.

when i use this token it is showing the same value
${max-discount-value}
${max-discount-percentage}
Boyko
10 years ago
#4343 Quote
arkroop wrote:
I would like to know about these two token ${min-discount-value},${min-discount-percentage}. Please let know what data will be show on this token and how to set data in the admin for show the value of the token ${min-discount-value},${min-discount-percentage}.

when i use this token it is showing the same value
${max-discount-value}
${max-discount-percentage}

Hi arkroop,

Please don't duplicate posts and emails (you already sent a couple of emails to sales and support).
We already replied to you via email but will do it again here, so that others can get this information.
As described in this post first you need to have a discount that doesn't require a coupon code.
Min discount will show you the smallest discount of all, while the max discount will show you the biggest discount of all discount. Of course If you have only one discount then both tokens will have the same value. This is how they work, so it is up to you to decide how to use them.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
arkroop
10 years ago
#4345 Quote
Hi Boyko,

Thanks for your response.

I would like to share a scenario with you. For example i have 3 discount 10%, 20%, 30% and this discount is mapped with the "product Build your computer". When I used your ribbon plugin on this product and used token ${max-discount-percentage} it give the correct value.

But when I used ${min-discount-percentage} it is showing the same value as ${max-discount-percentage} i.e. 30%.

I am not using any type of coupon code. I have assigned the discount on all products.

So please let me know why it is showing the same value.

Look forward hear from you.  
Boyko
10 years ago
#4349 Quote
arkroop wrote:
Hi Boyko,

Thanks for your response.

I would like to share a scenario with you. For example i have 3 discount 10%, 20%, 30% and this discount is mapped with the "product Build your computer". When I used your ribbon plugin on this product and used token ${max-discount-percentage} it give the correct value.

But when I used ${min-discount-percentage} it is showing the same value as ${max-discount-percentage} i.e. 30%.

I am not using any type of coupon code. I have assigned the discount on all products.

So please let me know why it is showing the same value.

Look forward hear from you.  

Hi arkroop,

Just tested it and it seems that both values are the same.
But I start thinking that actually these tokens are quite useless. This is because in nopCommerce the biggest discount is always used and I can't think of a scenario in which one would need to display to the customer that there are any other discounts. Customers always get the biggest discount anyway. I don't know what we have thought when we created them in first place but now I think we should completely remove these 2 min-discount tokens.
Can you share your thoughts on this please? Do you have a scenario where you should show the min discount?

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team