Close

Logo caching issue

crazycanuck
10 years ago
#4310 Quote
We've noticed that there seems to be a caching issue with the store logo. We changed the logo using the admin screens and it appears without any issues on our local development server however if we try accessing the site over our company's network (my desktop) the image doesn't appear the first time. However if I access the page again it works. What I've noticed when debugging it is that initially the url for the image is referencing localhost even though I'm not on my dev server. When I access the page again the url for the image swaps localhost for the dev server name which is how I'm trying to access the site. I sometimes get this issue with the NivoSlider images but it's still better than the logo.

We're using
nopCommerce 3.2
Lighthouse theme

Any suggestions as to what is happening and how this can be fixed?
Thanks
Boyko
10 years ago
#4311 Quote
jvadakkel wrote:
We've noticed that there seems to be a caching issue with the store logo. We changed the logo using the admin screens and it appears without any issues on our local development server however if we try accessing the site over our company's network (my desktop) the image doesn't appear the first time. However if I access the page again it works. What I've noticed when debugging it is that initially the url for the image is referencing localhost even though I'm not on my dev server. When I access the page again the url for the image swaps localhost for the dev server name which is how I'm trying to access the site. I sometimes get this issue with the NivoSlider images but it's still better than the logo.

We're using
nopCommerce 3.2
Lighthouse theme

Any suggestions as to what is happening and how this can be fixed?
Thanks

Hi jvadakkel,

Yes, this is a caching issue, which happens only if you open the web site from different domains i.e localhost and via IP or another pointer to the web site. On production you won't have such problem as you always access the web site from its domain name.
You can always reset the cache from the upper right corner in the administration by clicking the "Clear cache" button.

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
crazycanuck
10 years ago
#4315 Quote
Thank you for getting back. Would this issue be fixed? Although this is a known issue it will be noticed by our testing team and business users