Close

Feature Requests

Support
12 years ago
#488 Quote
Help make Nop-Templates products better. Share your ideas or feature requests related to the Nop Instant Search plugin for nopCommerce.
viveramedia
11 years ago
#994 Quote
Does this plugin support spelling mistakes/typos? Can I modify it to cater for this? My SQL is fully indexed.

I have a client who is essentially demanding a search that returns products even is you make a spelling mistake.

Thanks,

Dave
Support
11 years ago
#997 Quote
Hi Dave,

The Nop Instant Search uses this nopCommerce method to search for products:

Nop.Services.Catalog.ProductService.public virtual IPagedList<Product> SearchProducts(int categoryId, int manufacturerId, bool? featuredProducts,
            decimal? priceMin, decimal? priceMax, int productTagId,
            string keywords, bool searchDescriptions, int languageId,
            IList<int> filteredSpecs, ProductSortingEnum orderBy,
            int pageIndex, int pageSize,
            bool loadFilterableSpecificationAttributeOptionIds, out IList<int> filterableSpecificationAttributeOptionIds,
            bool showHidden = false)

So if you would like to change the search to meet your customer's requirement you need to implement the changes in this method. How exactly you search for misspelled words is not so trivial and I believe is a matter of an implementation choice. Please have a look at this article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levenshtein_distance

I hope this is useful!

Best Regards
mmc
11 years ago
#2027 Quote
Hi,

I love your plugins! I just installed this search op my webshop and is working like a charm!

I am running on nop 2.65 with 40.000 products in 740 categories. Is it possible to show the category group (with image and product count) if the results are more then like 25. Or maybe 2 column view with products and groups? I can email or PM you guys an example site.

Greets, BobdeBouwer
Boyko
11 years ago
#2028 Quote
BobdeBouwer wrote:
Hi,

I love your plugins! I just installed this search op my webshop and is working like a charm!

I am running on nop 2.65 with 40.000 products in 740 categories. Is it possible to show the category group (with image and product count) if the results are more then like 25. Or maybe 2 column view with products and groups? I can email or PM you guys an example site.

Greets, BobdeBouwer

Hi BobdeBouwer,

We are glad that you like the plugins and thank you for the suggestions.
Please feel free to post the live links here in the forum, so that other guys that have ideas can share them here. Also feel free to post this in our UserVoice portal with as much details as you can, so that other users can vote for it. I think that there is already a suggestion about category search similar to the imdb.com web site.

Many thanks!
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
Lucrasoft
9 years ago
#7989 Quote
Is it possible to add functionality to search in product attribute combinations? Because we would like to search on the sku configured in the product attribute combinations.
hristian.dimov
9 years ago
#7991 Quote
Lucrasoft wrote:
Is it possible to add functionality to search in product attribute combinations? Because we would like to search on the sku configured in the product attribute combinations.

Hi Lucrasoft,

Unfortunately this is not possible. The Instant search plugins uses SearchProducts method, which comes from NopCommerce and this method does not allow to search in product attribute combination.
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
mshaikhji
7 years ago
#12274 Quote
Hi,

How can I show about 10 - 15 search result with scrolling option, since it looks weird showing the same result in a long list.

Thank you
Peter.Zhekov
7 years ago
#12282 Quote
mshaikhji wrote:
Hi,

How can I show about 10 - 15 search result with scrolling option, since it looks weird showing the same result in a long list.

Thank you

Hi there,

To achieve this you need to follow this steps:
Go to 'administration --> Plugins --> 7Spikes Plugins --> Nop Instant Search'. Once you are there, look for 'Number Of Products' in the section 'Instant Search Advanced Settings'. From here you can manage the number of products to show in the dropdown.
Then you need to do only one thing, just take the code below and place it in the file '~Plugins/SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.InstantSearch/Themes/yourTheme/Content/InstantSearch.css'.

.instantSearch.resize {
    height: 181px !important;
    overflow-y: scroll !important;
}

You can change the height to other value so it can fit on your design (so instead of 181px you can use other value)
Regards,
Peter Zhekov
Nop-Templates.com
dillonlau
7 years ago
#13227 Quote
It will be nice to extend the functionality for searching of Vendors & Manufacturers and not just Products (i.e. http://www.lazada.sg/)