Close

nopCommerce upgrade to 3.2

crazycanuck
10 years ago
#3998 Quote
Hi
I just recently upgraded nopCommerce from 3.1 to 3.2. When I run the application after the upgrade I'm receiving the following error when I run the app from Visual Studio in debug mode (F5)
Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'SevenSpikes' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 2:  @using Nop.Web.Models.Common;
Line 3:  @using Nop.Core.Infrastructure;
Line 4:  @using SevenSpikes.Theme.Lighthouse.Domain;
Line 5:  @using Nop.Core;
Line 6:  

Any suggestions? This is a show stopper for us. I have also reached out on the nopCommerce forum I haven't received a response that works
Boyko
10 years ago
#3999 Quote
jvadakkel wrote:
Hi
I just recently upgraded nopCommerce from 3.1 to 3.2. When I run the application after the upgrade I'm receiving the following error when I run the app from Visual Studio in debug mode (F5)
Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'SevenSpikes' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 2:  @using Nop.Web.Models.Common;
Line 3:  @using Nop.Core.Infrastructure;
Line 4:  @using SevenSpikes.Theme.Lighthouse.Domain;
Line 5:  @using Nop.Core;
Line 6:  

Any suggestions? This is a show stopper for us. I have also reached out on the nopCommerce forum I haven't received a response that works

Hi jvadakkei,

Did you follow the steps as shown in our video?
Maybe you haven't properly upgraded. Please download the theme package again from our web site and update the Theme\Lighthouse and the Plugins folders.

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Support Team
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
crazycanuck
10 years ago
#4000 Quote
Thank you for your response. I did do all of the steps except I installed nopCommerce in a different folder than 3.1 in order to make sure that the upgrade goes through without impacting our marketing lead and webmaster who are concurrently making changes to the site. I guess what I'm not understanding is why there is a reference error being thrown. I don't see any references made in the Nop.Web project to any of the SevenSpikes dlls. Can you please shed some light on how this works?
Boyko
10 years ago
#4001 Quote
jvadakkel wrote:
Thank you for your response. I did do all of the steps except I installed nopCommerce in a different folder than 3.1 in order to make sure that the upgrade goes through without impacting our marketing lead and webmaster who are concurrently making changes to the site. I guess what I'm not understanding is why there is a reference error being thrown. I don't see any references made in the Nop.Web project to any of the SevenSpikes dlls. Can you please shed some light on how this works?

Hi jvadakkel,

In which Razor view file (.cshtml) do you get this error?
Please make sure you have the Lighthouse theme plugin installed and active as a widget (check int InstalledPlugins.txt file as well).

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
crazycanuck
10 years ago
#4002 Quote
This is happening in Footer.cshtml. I copied over the InstalledPlugins.txt and here are the entries
DiscountRequirement.HadSpentAmount
DiscountRequirement.HasAllProducts
DiscountRequirement.HasOneProduct
DiscountRequirement.MustBeAssignedToCustomerRole
CurrencyExchange.MoneyConverter
ExternalAuth.OpenId
ExternalAuth.Facebook
Misc.WebServices
Payments.CashOnDelivery
Payments.CheckMoneyOrder
Payments.Manual
Payments.AuthorizeNet
Payments.PayPalDirect
Payments.GoogleCheckout
Payments.PayPalStandard
Payments.PurchaseOrder
PromotionFeed.Froogle
Shipping.AustraliaPost
Shipping.CanadaPost
Shipping.FedEx
Shipping.FixedRate
Shipping.ByWeight
Shipping.UPS
Shipping.USPS
Mobile.SMS.Verizon
Tax.FixedRate
Tax.CountryStateZip
Widgets.GoogleAnalytics
Widgets.NivoSlider
SevenSpikes.Core
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AjaxCart
SevenSpikes.Nop.AjaxFilters
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.CloudZoom
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.CustomerReminders
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.InstantSearch
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.JCarousel
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.MegaMenu
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.ProductRibbons
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.NopQuickTabs
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.QuickView
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.SmartSEO
SevenSpikes.Theme.Lighthouse
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AnywhereSliders
crazycanuck
10 years ago
#4004 Quote
Also because of this error I cannot reach the admin screen because it's in the footer file
Boyko
10 years ago
#4005 Quote
jvadakkel wrote:
Also because of this error I cannot reach the admin screen because it's in the footer file

Did you have the SevenSpikes.Theme.Lighthouse plugin in the Plugins folder?
Alternatively you can comment this code in the file and also any places where it throws an error.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
crazycanuck
10 years ago
#4006 Quote
Yup the Theme is definitely in the Plugin folder. I tried commenting that line of code but then there are several references to Lighthouse objects (like LighthouseThemeSettings) that I still get an error
Boyko
10 years ago
#4011 Quote
jvadakkel wrote:
Yup the Theme is definitely in the Plugin folder. I tried commenting that line of code but then there are several references to Lighthouse objects (like LighthouseThemeSettings) that I still get an error

Are you sure the SevenSpikes plugins are for version 3.2? Can you check plugins Description.txt file and see the version. I don't see any other reason why nopCommerce wouldn't load the theme plugin.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team