Close

Integrating ajax filters to 2.70

mattprice1707
10 years ago
#3852 Quote
Hi,

I am currently using the trial of ajax filters to see if it is exactly what we want for our website. As soon as I can see that it does the job we want we will be buying the plugin and probably the complete noptemplates plugin package. The problem that I have at the moment however is that when going through the instructions on manual integration our web developer has I believe created a new ProductBox.cshtml file called ProductBoxRabart.cshtml (rabart being the company name). When I cut out the line of code that resembles the one we are guided to replace with the ajax filters code I get a string of errors and the page doesn't load.

Below is the code in the web developers version of that file which I have been replacing.

<input type="button" value="@T("Products.Details")" onclick="setLocation('@Url.RouteUrl("Product", new { SeName = Model.SeName })')" />

I would be grateful if someone could tell me if I am doing this correctly as I because of the customization of the site I need the plugin to sit in the main body rather than in the widget areas.

Thanks

Matt

Boyko
10 years ago
#3859 Quote
Hi Matt,

I don't quite understand how the Ajax Filters plugin relates to the ProductBox view. The Ajax Filters are integrated on the Category page and not the product pages. Are you sure you are trying to integrate the Ajax Filter and not the Ajax Cart for example?
The Ajax Filters do show product boxes after an ajax request for filtering - maybe you want to change the product boxes that that the ajax filters return?

Please elaborate as we are not sure how to advice now.

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
mattprice1707
10 years ago
#3910 Quote
Hi Boyko,

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, have been off over Christmas and this alert went to my work e-mail. I may be and probably am totally wrong in what I tried to do. We sell tins of paint and the ajax filters would be great for letting the customer sort different colours, tin sizes and finishes. However, our web developer has created a custom theme that doesn't have a left sidebar where I have seen ajax filters being used in just about every demo. I was wondering whether there is any way to integrate it into the main body of the category page or into the right sidebar instead.

Thanks

Matt
Boyko
10 years ago
#3913 Quote
mattprice1707 wrote:
Hi Boyko,

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, have been off over Christmas and this alert went to my work e-mail. I may be and probably am totally wrong in what I tried to do. We sell tins of paint and the ajax filters would be great for letting the customer sort different colours, tin sizes and finishes. However, our web developer has created a custom theme that doesn't have a left sidebar where I have seen ajax filters being used in just about every demo. I was wondering whether there is any way to integrate it into the main body of the category page or into the right sidebar instead.

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt,

You can add the Ajax Filters to any widget zone that you like. You can even define your own widget zone and add it in the SupportedWidgetZones.xml file of the plugin.
Here for example we have placed the filters in the main column.
themes.playground.nop-templates.com/baby-mobile

Please refer to the documentation of the Filters to see how to change the widget zone.

Hope this helps!

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
mattprice1707
10 years ago
#3923 Quote
Thanks mate,

That was what I was looking for. Don't know what I was doing before! To customize the colours for the filter which now shows, is there a certain css file that needs altering or are there options to do that in the full version.

Cheers

Matt
Support
10 years ago
#3926 Quote
mattprice1707 wrote:
Thanks mate,

That was what I was looking for. Don't know what I was doing before! To customize the colours for the filter which now shows, is there a certain css file that needs altering or are there options to do that in the full version.

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt,

Which colors do you exactly mean! You can change the overall colors of the filters from the Plugins/SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AjaxFilters/Themes/DefaultClean/Content/AjaxFilters.css styles or if you have your own theme you can create such folder in the Themes folder of the plugin and place the same files there and modify them.

Best Regards!