Close

Beauty Plugin Interfering With Creating New Beauty-Based Theme?

Carolee
10 years ago
#3729 Quote
Does the unedited SevenSpikes.Theme.Beauty plugin interfere with creating custom themes based on the Beauty Theme (copy & paste)? Do namespaces/configuration settings need to be re-mapped to new theme name?

I've installed Beauty Theme after activating plugins per instructions. All's well. However, when I copy/paste/rename  Beauty Theme folder to create new theme, layouts seem to start changing (layout for MegaMenu for one). I'm following all the steps in the Designer's Guide (e.g., updating theme.config, etc). Haven't tested custom-themed site enough to flag other specific side effects.

Any guidance is appreciated! Thanks.
Support
10 years ago
#3734 Quote
Carolee wrote:
Does the unedited SevenSpikes.Theme.Beauty plugin interfere with creating custom themes based on the Beauty Theme (copy & paste)? Do namespaces/configuration settings need to be re-mapped to new theme name?

I've installed Beauty Theme after activating plugins per instructions. All's well. However, when I copy/paste/rename  Beauty Theme folder to create new theme, layouts seem to start changing (layout for MegaMenu for one). I'm following all the steps in the Designer's Guide (e.g., updating theme.config, etc). Haven't tested custom-themed site enough to flag other specific side effects.

Any guidance is appreciated! Thanks.

Hi Carolee,

If you copy the Beauty theme and paste it with a different name, you should do the same for the Themes\Beauty folders of the plugins. As you know all our plugins are themeable just like nopCommerce is, so you should have a folder with the same theme name as your new theme.

Hope that helps!
Carolee
10 years ago
#3738 Quote
Very helpful -- thanks!
Carolee
10 years ago
#3739 Quote
OK - just to clarify:

1) My new theme is "\My-Beauty", a copy of the "Themes\Beauty" folder. I've configured "My-Beauty" according to the Designer's Guide

2) I create a copy of "\Plugins\SevenSpikes.Theme.Beauty" folder in Plugins

3) I rename this folder to "\Plugins\SevenSpikes.Theme.My-Beauty"

When the My-Beauty theme is selected in back-end, the system automatically picks up the new "\Plugins\SevenSpikes.Theme.My-Beauty" folder, and no further configurations are required?

It would seem to me some adjustments might need to be made to:

a) SevenSpikes.Theme.My-Beauty\Description.txt (e.g., SystemName: SevenSpikes.Theme.Beauty)  
b) SevenSpikes.Theme.My-Beauty\Settings.xml
c) SevenSpikes.Theme.My-Beauty\SupportedWidgetZones.xml
d) SevenSpikes.Theme.My-Beauty\Resources\Resources.en-us.xml

Thanks for any further help.

Carolee
Support
10 years ago
#3740 Quote
Carolee wrote:
OK - just to clarify:

1) My new theme is "\My-Beauty", a copy of the "Themes\Beauty" folder. I've configured "My-Beauty" according to the Designer's Guide

2) I create a copy of "\Plugins\SevenSpikes.Theme.Beauty" folder in Plugins

3) I rename this folder to "\Plugins\SevenSpikes.Theme.My-Beauty"

When the My-Beauty theme is selected in back-end, the system automatically picks up the new "\Plugins\SevenSpikes.Theme.My-Beauty" folder, and no further configurations are required?

It would seem to me some adjustments might need to be made to:

a) SevenSpikes.Theme.My-Beauty\Description.txt (e.g., SystemName: SevenSpikes.Theme.Beauty)  
b) SevenSpikes.Theme.My-Beauty\Settings.xml
c) SevenSpikes.Theme.My-Beauty\SupportedWidgetZones.xml
d) SevenSpikes.Theme.My-Beauty\Resources\Resources.en-us.xml

Thanks for any further help.

Carolee

Hi Carolee,

You do not need to change any of the a), b) c) or d) . The change required is only for the Themes folder that you have done, so that the plugins use the My-Beauty theme folder for styling and functionality. Then if you need to edit some styling you should do this in the My-Beauty folder.

Hope that helps!

If you need any further help, please do not hesitate to contact us again!
dcooneyca
10 years ago
#3752 Quote
I am also trying to copy the beauty theme.  I have followed the instructions in this post but I have problems with the featured categories on the main page.  Instead of displaying the text "Featured Categories" it reads "sevenspikes.themes.beauty_red.common.featuredcategories".

What have I missed?
Support
10 years ago
#3753 Quote
dcooneyca wrote:
I am also trying to copy the beauty theme.  I have followed the instructions in this post but I have problems with the featured categories on the main page.  Instead of displaying the text "Featured Categories" it reads "sevenspikes.themes.beauty_red.common.featuredcategories".

What have I missed?

Hi dcooneyca,

The "sevenspikes.themes.beauty_red.common.featuredcategories" is a locale resource that you need to add with a value of "Featured Categories" for your language. You can watch the following video on how to change locale resources from the administration.

Hope that helps!
dcooneyca
10 years ago
#3754 Quote
Thank you for your help.