Close

Help moving filters to top right

NMercer
12 years ago
#413 Quote
Hi
I would like to move the AJAX filters to the top of the right side column.
I started following the instructions provided for manual integration, but ran into a brick wall when trying to find the Category.cshtml file.  Which file am I supposed to modify to move the filters to the top right?  I have modified the _ColumnsThree.cshtml and added the smaple code in there, but which file is used in v2.3 for the next step?

In other words, in which file do I add this code?
@section nopAjaxFilters
{
         @Html.Action("GetFilters", "NopAjaxFilters")
}

I am using the standard theme.

Many thanks
NMercer
12 years ago
#414 Quote
OK, so I figured out which file to use.  Only problem now is that the default nopcommerce filters are still showing.  So I now have on the right side the new Ajax filers, but I also have the nopcommerce filter by attribute showing above the products.  Any idea how to remove the nopcommerce "filter by attribute" option and just have the ajax filters?
Support
12 years ago
#415 Quote
Hi,

In the CategoryTemplate.ProductsInGridOrLines.cshtml file you need to consider this code:

@*filtering*@
    @if (Model.PagingFilteringContext.PriceRangeFilter.Enabled ||
        Model.PagingFilteringContext.SpecificationFilter.Enabled)
    {
        <div class="product-filters">
            <div class="filter-title">
                <span>@T("Filtering.FilterResults")</span>
            </div>
            <div class="filter-item">
                @Html.Partial("_FilterPriceBox", Model.PagingFilteringContext.PriceRangeFilter, new ViewDataDictionary())
            </div>
            <div class="filter-item">
                @Html.Partial("_FilterSpecsBox", Model.PagingFilteringContext.SpecificationFilter, new ViewDataDictionary())
            </div>
        </div>
        <div class="clear">
        </div>
    }

You can either comment it or remove it.

Please let us know is you still have problems.
NMercer
12 years ago
#416 Quote
Many Thanks, this solves the problem.  
I only have one more issue.  
If you have a couple of values in your specification attribute drop down, the boxes overlap and you cannot select the last option.
If you take a look here: http://www.m1store.co.za/c/41/oil-filter
Try to filter by 3 Series, you will see what I mean.  This only happens with IE and not google chrome.
I am running IE9

Kind Regards
Support
12 years ago
#417 Quote
Ok, we can see the overlap problem in IE 9.
Thanks for reporting this! We will look at it and will let you know how to fix it.
NMercer
12 years ago
#586 Quote
Hi
Any idea how to resolve this issue yet?
YashChandra
12 years ago
#602 Quote
Hi,

We did schedule it to be fixed but it seems that we missed it for this release. So I would like to apologize for this oversight. We are looking at it right now and is the next thing we are going to do for the filters. I will let you know when we have a fix.
Just a little background, this issue is related to IE not obeying z-index rules and is actually quite tricky to solve. When you say IE 9, I believe you actually mean IE 9 and IE 8 compatibility views, as these are the only views in which we can reproduce it?
Anyways will keep you posted.

Best Regards
Regards,
Milen Kovachev
Nop-Templates.com
YashChandra
12 years ago
#637 Quote
Hi NMercer,

We would like to let you know that the issue you were having with Internet Explorer when using dropdowns in the Nop Ajax Filters has been fixed.
Please download the latest version of the Nop Ajax Filters from your My Account section on Nop-Templates.com.
Please let us know if you have any problems!

Best Regards
Regards,
Milen Kovachev
Nop-Templates.com