Close

Any chance to apply filters with friendly URL ?

CarlosWat
10 years ago
#3389 Quote
Hi, I would like to be able to access to products filters with regular url's , is there any chance to make a map to convert something like this:

/cat/specFilters=1!#-!48!-#!2m

to

/cat/woman/shoes/ ...

I know that this is not the regular behaviour of ajax filters but I would like to combine the ajax functionality with some custom links I need to write in the menu to access to products with certains filters.
In Apache world it could be done writting the url's in .htaccess file but I'm not sure how can this be achieved in IIS plataform or if this is possible

Thanks
Boyko
10 years ago
#3393 Quote
CarlosWat wrote:
Hi, I would like to be able to access to products filters with regular url's , is there any chance to make a map to convert something like this:

/cat/specFilters=1!#-!48!-#!2m

to

/cat/woman/shoes/ ...

I know that this is not the regular behaviour of ajax filters but I would like to combine the ajax functionality with some custom links I need to write in the menu to access to products with certains filters.
In Apache world it could be done writting the url's in .htaccess file but I'm not sure how can this be achieved in IIS plataform or if this is possible

Thanks

Hi Carlos,

The Ajax Filters are designed to use the information in the hash tag # in order to load a specific predefined filtration. So if you change the links with some url rewriting this will break the Ajax Filters. But you can still add links to specific categories and a specific filtration in your menu but they need to be using the # tag syntax. It would be best to build them first and then hardcode them in the menu. Actually the search engines will ignore any information after the # tag and all the SEO juice will go to your specific category or manufacturer page.

Hope this information is useful!

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Support Team
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team