Close

Featured Products Not displaying.

mstuart
10 years ago
#3383 Quote
Are FeaturedProducts available in version 3.0?

I have featured products in a category, but they do not display.

I'm testing it out and when I step into the code, item.CategoryModel.FeaturedProducts.Count is always equal to zero (0) even when there are featured products.

Below is a code I added.

foreach (var featured in item.CategoryModel.FeaturedProducts)
{
     <li>
     <a href="@Url.RouteUrl("Product", new { SeName = featured.SeName })" title="@featured.Name">@featured.Name</a>
     </li>
}  
Boyko
10 years ago
#3398 Quote
Hi mstuart,

No, they are not available anymore as this was slowing down the Mega Menu a lot and we decided to drop this as it is not commonly used in favor of the better performance.

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Support Team
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
IvanSlater
9 years ago
#6234 Quote
Is there a way to get them back? Or access them from view? I want to show the first featured product pictured and link replacing category image, so I can get more focus on desired products.
Boyko
9 years ago
#6239 Quote
IvanSlater wrote:
Is there a way to get them back? Or access them from view? I want to show the first featured product pictured and link replacing category image, so I can get more focus on desired products.

Hi IvanSlater,

The featured products are not present in the model. Yes, you can use the category id from the model to get the featured products for a given category by directly using the nopCommerce services in the view.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
IvanSlater
9 years ago
#6240 Quote
Ok! Thanks.

Another point. Is there a way to choose what category will have picture and subcategories showed and have all others as simple list?

My ideia is, have like 8 main choosen categories, with their first featured product as category picture and a column list of all others less important catogories below, on bottom of menu.

Can u help?
Boyko
9 years ago
#6247 Quote
IvanSlater wrote:
Ok! Thanks.

Another point. Is there a way to choose what category will have picture and subcategories showed and have all others as simple list?

My ideia is, have like 8 main choosen categories, with their first featured product as category picture and a column list of all others less important catogories below, on bottom of menu.

Can u help?

Hi IvanSlater,

Unfortunately this is not possible but it looks like a useful feature. Can you suggest your idea in our UserVoice portal and describe it in more details there. This way we can implement it for the next release of the plugin (if there is some interest in it).

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team