Close

Replace left hand navigation with vertical MegaMenu?

mstuart
10 years ago
#3333 Quote
Is there a relatively easy way to replace the standard left hand navigation with a vertical Nop MegaMenu to display only the top level categories (marked as 'Show on home page')?

My client really likes the Nop MegaMenu, but would like it to work as part of the left navigation instead of the top menu.

Thanks,

Mike
Boyko
10 years ago
#3342 Quote
mstuart wrote:
Is there a relatively easy way to replace the standard left hand navigation with a vertical Nop MegaMenu to display only the top level categories (marked as 'Show on home page')?

My client really likes the Nop MegaMenu, but would like it to work as part of the left navigation instead of the top menu.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

The Mega Menu is integrated into nopCommerce via a widget zone, which by default is "content_before". You can change the widget zone to be "left_side_column_before" by editing this file: Plugins\SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.MegaMenu\SupportedWidgetZones.xml
Then restart nopCommerce and the Mega Menu will be shown on the left side column.
Then it is a matter of css modifications to make it look as you want.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
mstuart
10 years ago
#3367 Quote
Boyko wrote:
The Mega Menu is integrated into nopCommerce via a widget zone, which by default is "content_before". You can change the widget zone to be "left_side_column_before" by editing this file: Plugins\SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.MegaMenu\SupportedWidgetZones.xml
Then restart nopCommerce and the Mega Menu will be shown on the left side column.

Perfect!  That was very easy to change.  Thank you!
mtek
10 years ago
#3980 Quote
Hi ,
I try to use mega menu left side for categories . And i changed widget name then i see mega menu
left side but for apperaence how can i change to be like this .
http://peraport.nopdestek.com/content/images/thumbs/menu_1.png with normal and with pictures .

Boyko
10 years ago
#4003 Quote
mtek wrote:
Hi ,
I try to use mega menu left side for categories . And i changed widget name then i see mega menu
left side but for apperaence how can i change to be like this .
http://peraport.nopdestek.com/content/images/thumbs/menu_1.png with normal and with pictures .

Hi mtek,

I think is all about making the right css changes to the menu, so that it looks like you want it to look like. I don't think you will need to change the markup of the Mega menu to achieve this but I am not 100% sure.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
danishjee
9 years ago
#7698 Quote
Boyko wrote:

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks

Hi,

I am using 3.3 version.I have replaced left_side_column_before with content_before but not working after restart application.

Please help me out in this issue
Boyko
9 years ago
#7708 Quote
danishjee wrote:

Hi,

I am using 3.3 version.I have replaced left_side_column_before with content_before but not working after restart application.

Please help me out in this issue

Hi danishjee,

In our themes we integrate the Menu in a different widget zone.
For example in the Motion theme, which you are using, we use a widget zone called "theme_header_menu", which is in this file:
Plugins\SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.MegaMenu\Themes\Motion\SupportedWidgetZones.xml

The SupportedWidgetZones.xml file in the Theme folder overrides the default one in the root plugin folder.
So you need to change the widget zone in the file above.

Thanks

Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
danishjee
9 years ago
#7713 Quote
Thanks for your fast reply.

I want to show megamenu left side. like this site http://www.officexpress.com.tr
Boyko
9 years ago
#7727 Quote
danishjee wrote:
Thanks for your fast reply.

I want to show megamenu left side. like this site http://www.officexpress.com.tr

Hi danishjee,

I am not sure they are using the Mega Menu but even if they do, they have customized it quite a lot. They have changed the markup a little bit of the menu and have added new styling. So it is not very trivial change.

Thanks

Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team