Close

Filters not showing

dutchtouchremco
10 years ago
#3330 Quote
Hello,

I'm trying to implement the Ajax filters. The problem is that they are not showing.

Category->Attributes->Specification Attributes->  [ Size ]

All my products have the attribute Size and are configured to allow filtering.

For the Nop Ajax Filters I have enabled the "Enable Attributes Filter" and the widget zone is Left_side_column_after (which is a default zone).

All I see on the page is "Filter by" in bold and then nothing is showing. What am I missing?
Support
10 years ago
#3335 Quote
Hi dutchtouchremco,

Thank you for choosing our products.

It is really a strange issue if you can see the Filter By label, and not the filters. Do the attributes have values. Do you try to integrate the Nop Ajax Filters in a custom theme. May it be a css issue that prevent the filters from not showing. Have you tried restarting the application.

If the issue still occurs can you send a link and admin credentials to [email protected] so that we can investigate the problem further.

Thanks in advance!
dutchtouchremco
10 years ago
#3336 Quote
Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I'm on nopCommerce 3.10

I believe there's no custom css/template (http://dutch-touch.co.uk/shirts-2) seems like a default template.

The attributes have values:
2 years (92)
3 years (98)
4 years (104)
etc.
They also have a display order and associated products.

I have restarted the application and cleared the cache, unfortunately no changes.

I'll contact the support, thanks.

Boyko
10 years ago
#3338 Quote
Hi dutchtouchremco,

It is clear what is wrong. All your products are featured products. Please note that the featured products in nopCommerce are not filterable and they are always shown (that's why they are featured).
So you actually have no products to be filtered and that's why the Ajax Filters are not shown.
You can either make some of the products not to be Featured Products or add all of them in the regular list of products.
To add the featured products in the regular list of products you need to set this settting to "true".
"catalogsettings.includefeaturedproductsinnormallists"

Here is a video of how to search and change settings in nopCommerce.

Hope this helps!

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
dutchtouchremco
10 years ago
#3339 Quote
Hello,

Thank you for the quick and helpful reply! When I set that setting 'catalogsettings.includefeaturedproductsinnormallists' to true I see the filters indeed. The filtered products are displayed bellow the other featured products.

Is there a way to change all my products from featured to non-featured in the database? Or via Administration panel by 'BULK' and not one by one?

Thanks for the help,
Boyko
10 years ago
#3340 Quote
dutchtouchremco wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for the quick and helpful reply! When I set that setting 'catalogsettings.includefeaturedproductsinnormallists' to true I see the filters indeed. The filtered products are displayed bellow the other featured products.

Is there a way to change all my products from featured to non-featured in the database? Or via Administration panel by 'BULK' and not one by one?

Thanks for the help,

Hi ,

You need to mess with the database then. There is a table "Product_Category_Mapping" and you need to set the IsFeaturedProduct to 0 for all records in the table.

Hope this helps!

Nop-Templates.com Support Team
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
dutchtouchremco
10 years ago
#3341 Quote
Thanks again, one last question :-)

On the filtering on the left side I have two filters with 'Size',  any idea why?

Please see:
http://www.dutch-touch.co.uk/coats-jackets-2

When that's fixed all should be set for the full version!
Boyko
10 years ago
#3343 Quote
dutchtouchremco wrote:
Thanks again, one last question :-)

On the filtering on the left side I have two filters with 'Size',  any idea why?

Please see:

When that's fixed all should be set for the full version!

That's because you have an attribute called Size and a specification called Size.
You can either remove one of them as I am not sure if they both are needed or simply disable either the Attribute filter or the Specification filter from the administration of the Nop Ajax Filters plugin.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
dutchtouchremco
10 years ago
#3345 Quote
Great, thanks for all the help! I couldn't have figured that out myself :-)

I haven't set up the initial configuration for the webshop, neither I know much about nopCommerce.

Thanks again
dutchtouchremco
10 years ago
#3358 Quote
Hello,

There's one more thing that has come to my attention.

Example:

Here you can see that the sort order of the filters for SIZE is not like I wish it to be.

I don't want to set 01, 02, 03, ...  10, 11, 12 to get 2 beying displayed above 10.

Is there a way I can configure this?