Close

Display prodcuts for the same group in a tab

weimchen
10 years ago
#3250 Quote
Hi I'm new to this forum.

I'm working on a new project. I like to create a tab to display all product siblings that under the same Parent group product with a link to the sibling products.

For Ex.
other color available:
style1...... Green
style2----- Red

Is it possible to do it? any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Wei
Boyko
10 years ago
#3251 Quote
weimchen wrote:
Hi I'm new to this forum.

I'm working on a new project. I like to create a tab to display all product siblings that under the same Parent group product with a link to the sibling products.

For Ex.
other color available:
style1...... Green
style2----- Red

Is it possible to do it? any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Wei

Hi Wei,

You can use the JCarousel plugin and use the products from the same category data source. This way on the product page you will see similar products like this one from the same category.
Check out the Similar Products carousel in our Electronics theme demo to see this in action.

Hope this helps!

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
jonesatl
9 years ago
#5933 Quote

When using this data source "products from the same category", what products from that category are selected? Is it the same group of products every time a (same-category) page is loaded? Do we have any control over which products are chosen from a given category (at the database level, perhaps).

I tried using "Category Feature Products" but couldn't get it to work - no carousel displays. With the "Category Featured Products", I was thinking of writing a procedure to update which products were featured on a periodic basis.