Close

Log Warnings

ssikora
10 years ago
#3000 Quote
Hello,

I just upgraded from 2.8 to 3.0 and I'm seeing the following two warnings repeated in the log:

Resource string (sevenspikes.plugins.anywheresliders.admin.carouselsettings) is not found. Language ID = 1

Resource string (sevenspikes.plugins.anywheresliders.admin.carousel3dsettings) is not found. Language ID = 1

Can someone tell me how to stop this so my log doesn't continue to get cluttered up?

Thanks,
Scott
Boyko
10 years ago
#3006 Quote
ssikora wrote:

Hi Scott,

This warning is shown when you have a missing resource. This is quite strange as these two resources are present in the Resources\Resources.en-us.xml file that comes with the plugin (Ijust checked it). Have you updated the whole plugin?

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
ssikora
10 years ago
#3011 Quote
Thank you for the response,

I'm not sure what you mean by "updated the whole plugin". I followed the instructions included in the 3.00 theme download for upgrading both nopCommerce itself and the SevenSpikes plugins. As far as I could see the only thing that needed to be done was to run the SQL upgrade package and then copy the plugins into place. Was/is there something else that needs to be done? What can be done right now to correct the problem?

Thanks,
Scott
Boyko
10 years ago
#3012 Quote
ssikora wrote:
Thank you for the response,

I'm not sure what you mean by "install the whole plugin". I followed the instructions included in the 3.00 theme download for upgrading both nopCommerce itself and the SevenSpikes plugins. As far as I could see the only thing that needed to be done was to run the SQL upgrade package and then copy the plugins into place. Was/is there something else that needs to be done? What can be done right now to correct the problem?

Thanks,
Scott

Hi Scott,

You need to add the missing resources manually. Simply go in your "Languages" and click "View string resources" and add new resource with the same name i.e "sevenspikes.plugins.anywheresliders.admin.carouselsettings" and for value add this "Carousel 2D Settings" and for the other resource add this value "Carousel 3D settings".
It is quite strange why these two resources are missing as they should be present in the file I mentioned above. Could you check in the AnywhereSliders plugin folder in the Resources\Resources.en-us.xml file if it contains this string "CarouselSettings"?

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
ssikora
10 years ago
#3013 Quote
Quick response - thank you.

I went into languages...resource strings as you instructed and found that both of those resources were there however they had no value so I updated them with the ones you provided. I will let you know if the log warnings stop now.

Also you asked me to look at resource xml file and both resources are in there along with the correct value.

-Scott