Close

"Search in descriptions" doesn't work

grahamcarpenter
10 years ago
#2987 Quote
I'm using the Instant Search plugin and it works great except that it doesn't search in the product descriptions even when the option is selected on the admin page.  Searching the descriptions works on the advanced search page (when selected), but I assume that the setting on the plugin is to allow the search box to ALWAYS search product descriptions.  Is this assumption incorrect?  Is there some other setting I need to apply?
Boyko
10 years ago
#2989 Quote
grahamcarpenter wrote:
I'm using the Instant Search plugin and it works great except that it doesn't search in the product descriptions even when the option is selected on the admin page.  Searching the descriptions works on the advanced search page (when selected), but I assume that the setting on the plugin is to allow the search box to ALWAYS search product descriptions.  Is this assumption incorrect?  Is there some other setting I need to apply?

Hi grahamcarpenter,

Which version of nopCommerce do you use? Can you reproduce this on any of our demo stores?
If you can give us a link to a live site with some instructions of how to reproduce this would be very helpful.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
grahamcarpenter
10 years ago
#2993 Quote
Hi Boyko,

I'm using version 3.0.  I'm still in the process of developing the site so I don't have a live site to provide to you.  I can try to reproduce the problem in your demo store, but I'll need an admin login so that I can change the setting.  Currently, when I search the Jewelry demo, it does not search in the descriptions.

-Graham
Boyko
10 years ago
#2994 Quote
grahamcarpenter wrote:
Hi Boyko,

I'm using version 3.0.  I'm still in the process of developing the site so I don't have a live site to provide to you.  I can try to reproduce the problem in your demo store, but I'll need an admin login so that I can change the setting.  Currently, when I search the Jewelry demo, it does not search in the descriptions.

-Graham

Hi Graham,

Thank you for reporting this. You are right. It seems like we have ignored the search in description setting in a recent refactoring of the code. Just added it back and updated the packages.
Please download the product package again and update the Instant search plugin.

Many thanks again and have a great weekend!
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
JesseM
9 years ago
#5928 Quote
Hello,
I seem to be having this exact issue. Products are not searched by description, and I do not see a setting for this in Nop Instant Search Settings. Is there somewhere else we should be looking for it? We are running 3.3 nopCommerce with the latest release of this instant search.