Close

Beauty Tabs

MetafocusGlobal
10 years ago
#2850 Quote
Hi,

I am new to nopCommerce and i am looking to use the product page tabs on my "Beauty" installation a little more.

As a standard install, we get Overview and Reviews.

I would like to add additional tabs.  For example, lets say i want to add "Ingredients".

1) How do i add an Ingredients variable against the products in the control panel so my client can update it

2) How would i get the contents of the Ingredients variable into a new tab on the product page.

Many thanks,

Kind Regards.

Chris
Boyko
10 years ago
#2852 Quote
MetafocusGlobal wrote:
Hi,

I am new to nopCommerce and i am looking to use the product page tabs on my "Beauty" installation a little more.

As a standard install, we get Overview and Reviews.

I would like to add additional tabs.  For example, lets say i want to add "Ingredients".

1) How do i add an Ingredients variable against the products in the control panel so my client can update it

2) How would i get the contents of the Ingredients variable into a new tab on the product page.

Many thanks,

Kind Regards.

Chris

Hi Chris,

As far as I understand you want to be able to have a product specific tab content. Unfortunately this is not possible without creating a different tab for each product. For example if you have two products i.e P1 and P2 and you want to have Ingredients tab but you want the content of the tab to be different for P1 and P2. When you go to the P1 public store product page you will have a tab called Ingredients but it will have different content from the same Ingredients tab on the P2 public store product page.
Please let me know if this is exactly what you want to achieve.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
MetafocusGlobal
10 years ago
#2855 Quote
Hi,

That sounds about right, is it complicated?

Chris
Boyko
10 years ago
#2856 Quote
MetafocusGlobal wrote:
Hi,

That sounds about right, is it complicated?

Chris

Hi Chris,

It is not complicated but you need to create a different Tab for each product.
For example you create a Tab with name TabP1 and display name to be Ingredients and add the specific content for product P1 and then map this tab to product P1. Then do the same but for product P2 etc. As you can see that it is not complicated but you just need to map the different tabs to each product.

Hope this makes sense!

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team