Close

Configuration of an abandoned shopping cart

pawrisian
10 years ago
#2750 Quote
If possible I need some help configuring the Nop Customer Reminders as I don't understand very well how to set up the "conditions met dates".

I would like to send one reminder within an hour of cart abandonment which is the most common practice I think ?

How should I set it up ?

Please help !

Thank you so much !
Sonia
Boyko
10 years ago
#2751 Quote
pawrisian wrote:
If possible I need some help configuring the Nop Customer Reminders as I don't understand very well how to set up the "conditions met dates".

I would like to send one reminder within an hour of cart abandonment which is the most common practice I think ?

How should I set it up ?

Please help !

Thank you so much !
Sonia

Hi Sonia,

Please refer to this post as I have already explained this there. Just change the time to be 1 hour rather then 12 hours.

Should you have other questions regarding the Reminders don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
pawrisian
10 years ago
#2754 Quote
Thank you so much !
Sonia
baloghc
10 years ago
#4100 Quote
The settings are a little confusing. Abandoned cart reminders were being sent to customers repeatedly, some received 6 reminders in 20 minutes. We've adjusted the settings below:

Can you explain how it would work at in this instance to confirm we resolved this issue.

Number of Messages to Send Per Customer: 1

Condition Met Date Later Than: Days
Condition Met Date Later Than: 2

Condition Met Date Earlier Than: Hours
Condition Met Date Earlier Than: 4

Interval Between Messages In: Days
Interval Between Messages In: 1
Nop 3.7 - ArtFactory
Nop 4.0 - Lavella, Venture, Smart, ArtFactory
Boyko
10 years ago
#4103 Quote
imprintableswarehouse wrote:
The settings are a little confusing. Abandoned cart reminders were being sent to customers repeatedly, some received 6 reminders in 20 minutes. We've adjusted the settings below:

Can you explain how it would work at in this instance to confirm we resolved this issue.

Number of Messages to Send Per Customer: 1

Condition Met Date Later Than: Days
Condition Met Date Later Than: 2

Condition Met Date Earlier Than: Hours
Condition Met Date Earlier Than: 4

Interval Between Messages In: Days
Interval Between Messages In: 1

Hi,

It is not possible to send 6 emails for 20 minutes if you have set the number of messages to be only 1. Your current settings look fine to me.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
baloghc
10 years ago
#4104 Quote
We had the reminder set to 1 as you stated. Still this was showing in the report.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/1571wfr.jpg
Nop 3.7 - ArtFactory
Boyko
10 years ago
#4114 Quote
We had the reminder set to 1 as you stated. Still this was showing in the report.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/1571wfr.jpg

That is really strange. Can you tell me which version of the plugin are you using?
Probably the reminder has been configured to send more than 1 message and the interval between messages to be 1-2 minutes and also the Reminders scheduled task should run every 1-2 minutes as well.
Anyway we couldn't reproduce it and I am sure that the specified settings above will work for you.
Please let me know if you have any further issues with this.

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
baloghc
10 years ago
#4118 Quote
We have version 3.1. The issue is still occurring even with the specified settings above that, like you said, appear to be set correctly.

This is another screenshot from this morning of the report:

http://oi61.tinypic.com/29yjtah.jpg

Should we reinstall the plugin or upgrade to 3.2?

Nop 3.7 - ArtFactory
Boyko
10 years ago
#4119 Quote
We have version 3.1. The issue is still occurring even with the specified settings above that, like you said, appear to be set correctly.

This is another screenshot from this morning of the report:

http://oi61.tinypic.com/29yjtah.jpg

Should we reinstall the plugin or upgrade to 3.2?

The least you can do is to update the plugin to the latest version for 3.1 as described here.
Just make sure you stop the Reminders scheduled task (during the update) and also make it run every 10 minutes or every 1 hour. Then restart the application so that the new interval for the scheduled task is applied.
It would be best if you can upgrade to 3.2 too.

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
Boyko
10 years ago
#4131 Quote
Hi guys,

It turned out that there is really a small issue that causes the sending of several emails. Actually all of the sent emails are per different shopping cart items i.e if you have 3 items the user will get an email for the first then for the second and then for the last BUT this could only happen if your reminders scheduled task runs on small intervals i.e 60 seconds. We are working on a fix for this 3.1 and 3.2 and will let you know when it is fixed.

Many thanks for reporting this issue!

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team