Close

Integrating Plugins to a Template

JonNopper1
10 years ago
#2721 Quote
Is it possible that if I have a demo store showing the (trial version) plugins working correctly with the Metro Style template and someone enquirers about buying the template with your plugins, I would inform them that they have to buy a license from Seven Spikes through nop-Templates.com.

I would then integrate the plugins with style adjustments to suit the template layout.

They would only be purchasing the MetroStyle Template from myself and I would charge a small fee for styling the plugins to fit the MetroStyle Template.
YashChandra
10 years ago
#2723 Quote
Hi Jon,

We are flattered that you like our plugins and would like to use them for your themes, but we cannot allow such an use by a competing vendor at the moment. The are several problems we see with this:

1. Your theme costs roughly $75 and our plugins cost $179. Add to this the customization service for the plugins and you are looking at a price close to $300. Based on our experience so far very few nopCommerce users will spend that kind of money on a theme especially if they have to buy this from more than one vendor.

2. Our plugins will be used to boost your theme presence but we are also a vendor of nopCommerce themes so it does not makes sense for us to fuel a competing vendor with our plugins to boost their themes, especially when the plugins are such a big part of our themes. This is our unique value proposition.

3. If we are to have our products demoed and sold somewhere else for a fixed price we would have specific requirements for this. They need to be absolutely rock solid in terms of integration and styling. Not that your work is not good but we simply do not have the resources at the moment to think about this and monitor and maintain the quality of any other demo websites other than our own.

4. We have already turned down one nopCommerce vendor regarding this and although they did something really unprofessional in return, we still don't think it would be fair towards them or any other vendor who want to do the same to refuse them but grant this to another vendor.

I hope this all makes sense and you will understand our position and act accordingly. In the future if the nopCommerce market is bigger and their is a much greater demand for themes and plugins we will certainly create partnerships with vendors and have you at the top of our list but for the moment based on our experience with the market, this really would result in more overhead than benefits for us.

I wish you success with your nopCommerce products!
Regards,
Milen Kovachev
Nop-Templates.com
JonNopper1
10 years ago
#2727 Quote
Thankyou for a careful and considered reply.

I am no longer pursuing the integration of the nop-Templates.com plugins with the Metro Style Template.

[email protected]