Close

The specified path, file name, or both are too long

firthy
10 years ago
#2702 Quote
Using 3.0 when i go to settings for the plugin.

http://localhost/admin/CategoriesHeaderMenuAdmin/Settings

I get the following error:

[PathTooLongException: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.]
   System.IO.PathHelper.GetFullPathName() +10663326
   System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength) +900
   System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path) +46
   System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CanonicalizePath(String path, Boolean needFullPath) ....

Also when i try to deploy the project using the batch file i get:

Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\Tangent\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\selectalsico\nopCommerce_3.00_Source\build\nop.proj" (default target) (1) ->
       "C:\Users\Tangent\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\selectalsico\nopCommerce_3.00_Source\NopCommerce.sln" (default target) (2) ->
       "C:\Users\Tangent\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\selectalsico\nopCommerce_3.00_Source\Tests\Nop.Web.MVC.Tests\Nop.Web.MVC.Tests.csproj" (default target) (16) ->
       (_CopyOutOfDateSourceItemsToOutputDirectoryAlways target) ->
         C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(3686,5): error MSB3021: Unable to copy file "C:\Users\Tangent\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\selectalsico\nopCommerce_3.00_Source\Presentation\Nop.Web\Plugins\SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.CategoriesHeaderMenu\Views\CategoriesHeaderMenu\CategoriesHeaderMenu.cshtml" to "bin\Release\Plugins\SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.CategoriesHeaderMenu\Views\CategoriesHeaderMenu\CategoriesHeaderMenu.cshtml". The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.

"C:\Users\Tangent\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\selectalsico\nopCommerce_3.00_Source\build\nop.proj" (default target) (1) ->
       "C:\Users\Tangent\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\selectalsico\nopCommerce_3.00_Source\NopCommerce.sln" (default target) (2) ->
       "C:\Users\Tangent\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\selectalsico\nopCommerce_3.00_Source\Tests\Nop.Web.MVC.Tests\Nop.Web.MVC.Tests.csproj" (default target) (16) ->
       (_CleanGetCurrentAndPriorFileWrites target) ->
         C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(4017,5): error MSB3541: Files has invalid value "bin\Release\Plugins\SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.CategoriesHeaderMenu\Views\CategoriesHeaderMenu\CategoriesHeaderMenu.cshtml". The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.

0 Warning(s)
    2 Error(s)
Boyko
10 years ago
#2719 Quote
firthy wrote:

[PathTooLongException: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.]

Build FAILED.

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(3686,5): error MSB3021: Unable to copy file "C:\Users\Tangent\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\selectalsico\nopCommerce_3.00_Source\Presentation\Nop.Web\Plugins\SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.CategoriesHeaderMenu\Views\CategoriesHeaderMenu\CategoriesHeaderMenu.cshtml" to "bin\Release\Plugins\SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.CategoriesHeaderMenu\Views\CategoriesHeaderMenu\CategoriesHeaderMenu.cshtml". The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.

0 Warning(s)
    2 Error(s)

Hi firthy,

Please specify another location for the Visual Studio project as otherwise the file location is too long. The path should be less than 255 characters. Simply change the "C:\Users\Tangent\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\selectalsico" to be "C:\nopCommerce".

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
firthy
10 years ago
#2722 Quote
Thanks for the prompt reply. That worked.

All the best,

Mark.
ricktor
10 years ago
#2757 Quote
thanks for the info.,you could also try long path tool. it helped me with error 1320 in Win 7.,:)
rebeccazoly
10 years ago
#2758 Quote
I have download Long Path Tool and it is the best solution of your problem.
leslysab
10 years ago
#3609 Quote
firthy wrote:

System.IO.PathHelper.GetFullPathName() +10663326
   System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength) +900
   System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path) +46
   System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CanonicalizePath(String path, Boolean needFullPath) ....

Build FAILED.

(_CleanGetCurrentAndPriorFileWrites target) ->
         C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(4017,5): error MSB3541: Files has invalid value "bin\Release\Plugins\SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.CategoriesHeaderMenu\Views\CategoriesHeaderMenu\CategoriesHeaderMenu.cshtml". The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.

0 Warning(s)
    2 Error(s)

for this I ust use "Long Path Tool" tried and tested . Great for long path errors.
Patrick8
9 years ago
#8532 Quote
Hi

I suggest to try "Long Path Tool" program .

before I have problem cannot copy file because file name too long on Windows 7. and after I found long path tool and now my problem solved

Thanks

Patrick
frank1982
7 years ago
#13279 Quote
Long Path Tool is useful here
bonnie
6 years ago
#13357 Quote
I use the Long Path Tool too :D
Ashley100
6 years ago
#13631 Quote
Yup I have better solution. Try Long Path tool its much better and easier.