Close

version 3.0 installation problems

joster
10 years ago
#2559 Quote
I did see that there was an upgrade sql script for the Fashion theme, but rather than try to upgrade my 2.80 nopcommerce with version 2.80 Fashion theme to the 3.0 version of each, I decided to just do a fresh install of each.

The new nopcommerce 3.0 site installed fine, When I copied in the freshly downloaded version 3.0 Fashion theme (plugins and theme) to the new site, I already had the Admin Plugins page open. I then clicked the "Reload list of plugins" and saw all the 7Spikes stuff was now in the list.

I did not go to general settings to enable the new theme, but instead clicked on "Public Store" to make sure all was well.

It was not OK(see error pasted below)....and now I cannot even get back into the Admin area.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Server Error in '/' Application.

The controller for path '/' was not found or does not implement IController.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The controller for path '/' was not found or does not implement IController.

Source Error:

Line 3:  @foreach (var widget in Model)
Line 4:  {
Line 5:      @Html.Action(widget.ActionName, widget.ControllerName, widget.RouteValues)
Line 6:  }

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\3point0\Views\Widget\WidgetsByZone.cshtml    Line: 5

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What could be the problem? Did I still need to run the upgrade sql script for the Fashion theme?

Thanks!
IvanStoyanov
10 years ago
#2561 Quote
joster wrote:
I did see that there was an upgrade sql script for the Fashion theme, but rather than try to upgrade my 2.80 nopcommerce with version 2.80 Fashion theme to the 3.0 version of each, I decided to just do a fresh install of each.

The new nopcommerce 3.0 site installed fine, When I copied in the freshly downloaded version 3.0 Fashion theme (plugins and theme) to the new site, I already had the Admin Plugins page open. I then clicked the "Reload list of plugins" and saw all the 7Spikes stuff was now in the list.

I did not go to general settings to enable the new theme, but instead clicked on "Public Store" to make sure all was well.

It was not OK(see error pasted below)....and now I cannot even get back into the Admin area.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The controller for path '/' was not found or does not implement IController.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The controller for path '/' was not found or does not implement IController.

Source Error:

Line 5:      @Html.Action(widget.ActionName, widget.ControllerName, widget.RouteValues)

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\3point0\Views\Widget\WidgetsByZone.cshtml    Line: 5

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What could be the problem? Did I still need to run the upgrade sql script for the Fashion theme?

Thanks!

Hi joster,

No you do not need to run the upgrade script when you do a clean install. Please add some spaces at the end of the Global.asax file to restart the application. This is a well known issue in nopCommerce.

Best regards,

Ivan Stoyanov
Thank you for choosing our products! Your feedback is important to us!
joster
10 years ago
#2563 Quote
IvanStoyanov wrote:

Thanks!

Hi joster,

No you do not need to run the upgrade script when you do a clean install. Please add some spaces at the end of the Global.asax file to restart the application. This is a well known issue in nopCommerce.

Best regards,

Ivan Stoyanov

Hello-

I tried that just now and this is the new error I get:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Invalid column name 'NumberOfVisibleItems'.
Invalid column name 'LimitedToStores'.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid column name 'NumberOfVisibleItems'.

Source Error:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IvanStoyanov
10 years ago
#2564 Quote
joster wrote:

Thanks!

Hi joster,

Best regards,

Ivan Stoyanov

Hello-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid column name 'NumberOfVisibleItems'.

Source Error:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi joster,

You need to run the upgrade script, that we have included in the 3.0 package of the Fashion theme. Please follow the steps in the documentation: http://www.nop-templates.com/Help/NopFashionTheme/Version_3_0/lessons/Theme_Upgrade_from_2_80_to_3_00.html

Ivan Stoyanov
joster
10 years ago
#2565 Quote
IvanStoyanov wrote:

Thanks!

Hi joster,

Best regards,

Ivan Stoyanov

Hello-

Source Error:

Hi joster,

You need to run the upgrade script, that we have included in the 3.0 package of the Fashion theme. Please follow the steps in the documentation: http://www.nop-templates.com/Help/NopFashionTheme/Version_3_0/lessons/Theme_Upgrade_from_2_80_to_3_00.html

Ivan Stoyanov

OK-
I backed up my database and ran the upgrade script over my 3.0 nopcommerce sql database as suggested, and below is a screen capture of the errors returned:
SEE HERE

I know from previous issues with nopcommerce script upgrades that there are certain Transact-SQL statements/functions that are not supported in SQL Azure.
See below post:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/22211/unsupported-t-sql-statements-in-270-upgrade-script-sql-azuresee-last-post.aspx

Please update your script to also support SQL Azure versions of the nopcommerce database.
Thanks!
IvanStoyanov
10 years ago
#2571 Quote
joster wrote:

OK-
I backed up my database and ran the upgrade script over my 3.0 nopcommerce sql database as suggested, and below is a screen capture of the errors returned:
SEE HERE

I know from previous issues with nopcommerce script upgrades that there are certain Transact-SQL statements/functions that are not supported in SQL Azure.
See below post:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/22211/unsupported-t-sql-statements-in-270-upgrade-script-sql-azuresee-last-post.aspx

Please update your script to also support SQL Azure versions of the nopcommerce database.
Thanks!

Hi joster,

Thank you for reporting this problem. We have not considered the users of SQL Azure. We will configure the upgrade script to support it ASAP.

We will inform you when we are ready.

Have a great day

Ivan Stoyanov
IvanStoyanov
10 years ago
#2576 Quote
joster wrote:

OK-
SEE HERE

See below post:

Thanks!

Hi joster,

We have make the changes to our update script to support SQL Azure. You can get the new script by downloading the package from our website. Please tell us if there are more problems.

Ivan Stoyanov
joster
10 years ago
#2587 Quote
Thanks very much for the quick response!
I backed up my database and ran the newly updated script over it, and had no errors at all.

However....

I now get this error when trying to load the site in a browser:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
\Server Error in '/' Application.

Invalid object name 'dbo.Store'.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'dbo.Store'.

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
   <system.web>
       <compilation debug="true"/>
   </system.web>
</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'dbo.Store'.]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did we miss something?

Steve
IvanStoyanov
10 years ago
#2594 Quote
joster wrote:
Thanks very much for the quick response!
I backed up my database and ran the newly updated script over it, and had no errors at all.

However....

I now get this error when trying to load the site in a browser:
\Server Error in '/' Application.

Invalid object name 'dbo.Store'.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'dbo.Store'.

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
   <system.web>
       <compilation debug="true"/>
   </system.web>
</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'dbo.Store'.]

Did we miss something?

Steve

Hi Steve,

Do you use the old database from the 2.8 version, or did you created a new database when you installed nopCommerce 3.0 and are using it? If you are using the old database, did you run the nopCommerce upgrade script?

If you want to use the old databse you can do the following:

1. Extract the source code of nopCommerce 3.0 in your website folder NOTE: you need to remove the old source code first.
2. Add our theme and plugins to the source code.
3. Copy the Settings.txt and InstalledPlugins.txt files from the App_Data folder from your old installation to the same folder in nopCommerce 3.0
4. Run the nopCommerce upgrade script for 3.0 for your 2.8 database.
5. Run the 7Spikes upgrade scrpit for your 2.8 database.

Now you can start the website and check if everything works fine.

Please try to upgrade your website again, using the steps above.

Best regards,

Ivan Stoyanov
joster
10 years ago
#2616 Quote
It is hard for me to believe that what you described as a remedy will work, as it employs pretty much the same procedure I've followed thus far. This is what I did:

I had a version 2.80 database, which I upgraded to 3.0. (their database upgrade script also initially had errors with SQL Azure like yours)..I worked with them and they provided a new database upgrade script, compatible with SQL Azure, which I then executed without issue.)
I installed a fresh copy of the 3.0 nopcommerce website onto my server, and the 3.0 site was functioning perfectly.
After a couple of days, you guys released the 3.0 theme files and I copied in all the 3.0 fashion theme files to my running 3.0 site.
I ran the 7spikes upgrade script over my database.

Then, when the upgrade script errors occurred, I restored a backup of my database and ran the modified-for-SQL-Azure 7spikes upgrade script again, which is all I have done til now.

Steve