Close

Bought pro version, cannot set height and width

swinstead
11 years ago
#2358 Quote
Hi,

Using the trial version of Anywhere Sliders, I was able to create a Nivo slider in the sidebar that was of a certain size.

I purchased the pro version and installed only the DLL.

At that point, the slider in the sidebar began to render very big images.

When I looked at the Nivo general settings for the slider, I saw that height and width no longer appeared.

I then saw that the files from the Pro download were different from the files in the trial download. So I migrated over the new set of files.

That did not have any effect.

Finally, I uninstalled both the Core and Anywhere Slider plugins, then re-installed them.

The only effect that had was to delete my existing sliders. Argh.

I added back one of the sliders and saw that I still cannot set the height and width of the slider.

How do I correct this situation?
IvanStoyanov
11 years ago
#2359 Quote
swinstead wrote:
Hi,

Using the trial version of Anywhere Sliders, I was able to create a Nivo slider in the sidebar that was of a certain size.

I purchased the pro version and installed only the DLL.

At that point, the slider in the sidebar began to render very big images.

When I looked at the Nivo general settings for the slider, I saw that height and width no longer appeared.

I then saw that the files from the Pro download were different from the files in the trial download. So I migrated over the new set of files.

That did not have any effect.

Finally, I uninstalled both the Core and Anywhere Slider plugins, then re-installed them.

The only effect that had was to delete my existing sliders. Argh.

I added back one of the sliders and saw that I still cannot set the height and width of the slider.

How do I correct this situation?

Hi swinstead,

Please read the following post http://www.nop-templates.com/nop-anywhere-sliders-plugin-updated-to-use-the-latest-responsive-version-of-nivo-slider.

We have updated the nivo sliders to the latest version (which is responsive). In order for the slider to be responsive we removed the width and height settings (the slider will be as height and width as the picture that is displayed).
You can configure the dimensions of the pictures in the slider or you can go to Plugins/SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AnywhereSliders/Views/AnywhereSliders/NivoSlider.cshtml
and change the following line:
<div class="slider-wrapper theme-@skin">

to look like this:

<div class="slider-wrapper theme-@skin" style="width: 700px; height: 300px;">

replace the width and height values to your desired values.

Ivan Stoyanov
Thank you for choosing our products! Your feedback is important to us!
swinstead
11 years ago
#2361 Quote
Hi,

Okay that explains it and I can work with those 2 options. Thanks!

Sean
ylechasseur
10 years ago
#2664 Quote
Hi Ivan,

I am trying to put the slider a bit smaler. I change the picture size and it keeps using as width around 1200 px. When I change the  <div class="slider-wrapper theme-@skin"style="width: 668px; height: 299px;"> I get the right picture size but it is floating left ...not center anymore..
I know I missed something small but I don't know where to look anymore.

Thanks a lot

yves
ylechasseur
10 years ago
#2665 Quote
Hi Ivan... I find out what it was obvious.. the tree hiding the forest

.nivoSlider {
    position: relative;
    background: #fff url(loading.gif) no-repeat 50% 50%;
    margin-bottom: 10px;
     margin-top:10px;
     width:668px;