Close

Featured categories and products on home page

carlf
11 years ago
#2306 Quote
Hi

I have a customer who would like to change the Featured Products on their website. They'd like to do this within categories, so rather than just have one section for featured products, they'd like to do the following:-

Category 1
  Featured Products within this category

Then underneath:-

Category 2

Category 3

etc, etc.

I'd be grateful for advice on the best way of going about this.

Many thanks

Best regards

Carl
IvanStoyanov
11 years ago
#2321 Quote
carlf wrote:
Hi

I have a customer who would like to change the Featured Products on their website. They'd like to do this within categories, so rather than just have one section for featured products, they'd like to do the following:-

Category 1

Then underneath:-

Category 2

Category 3

etc, etc.

I'd be grateful for advice on the best way of going about this.

Many thanks

Best regards

Carl

Hi Carl,

Sadly nopCommerce does not have this functionality. If you wan to implement it, you will need to extensively modify the core functionality of nopCommerce. We do not recommend this, as it is going to lead to very hard upgrades to newer versions of the platform.

But if you are determined to do it. At first glance I can tell you that you will need to modify the CategoryTemplate.ProductsInGridOrLines.cshtml view, the SubCategoryModel and the Category action located in the CatalogController.

You can post your question in the nopCommerce forum. Someone may have done this and may be able to give you a more detailed answer.

Ivan Stoyanov
Thank you for choosing our products! Your feedback is important to us!