Close

General Discussion

psumner
12 years ago
#172 Quote
I have copied the plugins to the Presentation\Nop.Web\Plugins folder but they do not appear in the admin area. I have created my own shipping plugin without any problem, but this plugin is not recognised.
fadex
12 years ago
#173 Quote
For psumner, here my steps....

- install the CategoriesHeaderMenu plugin
- integrate it in nopCommerce via Widget
- ovveride the default superfish settings in the razor view file adding before the div
this code:

<script>
    $(document).ready(function() {
        $('ul.sf-menu').superfish({
            autoArrows:  true,      
            dropShadows: true        
        });
    });
</script>

- replace the css file content with the original one (http://users.tpg.com.au/j_birch/plugins/superfish/css/superfish.css)

- create a new folder 'images' in the Plugins\SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.CategoriesHeaderMenu and copy the files shadow.png and arrows-ffffff.png
  (http://users.tpg.com.au/j_birch/plugins/superfish/images/arrows-ffffff.png   http://users.tpg.com.au/j_birch/plugins/superfish/images/shadow.png)

That's all

Alessandro
Support
12 years ago
#174 Quote
psumner wrote:
I have copied the plugins to the Presentation\Nop.Web\Plugins folder but they do not appear in the admin area. I have created my own shipping plugin without any problem, but this plugin is not recognised.

You mentioned that you use nopCommerce version 2.2.
Please make sure the plugin is the same version. Just open Description.txt file and check the version. It should be 2.2 too.

Best Reagards,
Nop-Templates Support Team
Support
12 years ago
#175 Quote
stephen wrote:

Hi Support,

Excuse me, I like the idea of the product and of course it is all for free so who am I to complain. However it would be great if the output can be more adjusted:

@Html.Raw(Model.CategoriesHtml)

Does give me nice list-items and sub-items but there is no css-class state "active" or "current". In order to get superfish to recognize the current item this has to be done.

Is it possible to get a new version with this functionality ?

Kind regards,

Stephen

Do you suggest to add an additional class to the item corresponding to the currently selected category? For example if we have the Notebooks category open from the left column category navigation then the Categories Header Menu to render this additional css class to the Notebooks item.

Please let us know if we are on the same page.

Best Regards,
stephen
12 years ago
#176 Quote
Support wrote:

Do you suggest to add an additional class to the item corresponding to the currently selected category? For example if we have the Notebooks category open from the left column category navigation then the Categories Header Menu to render this additional css class to the Notebooks item.

Please let us know if we are on the same page.

Best Regards,

Yes. Take a look at this sample where there is a additional css class to the listitem (li) http://users.tpg.com.au/j_birch/plugins/superfish/#sample4

So when rendering a category page, append a css class to the current category list item. Superfish will then do the magic.
psumner
12 years ago
#177 Quote
Hi support
I have copied the plugins to the correct folder but the admin plugins page just does not show the plugins in the list. I have created my own shipping plugin and it displays and installs no problem. I am running from VS via local host but no matter what I do I cannot see the plugins to install.

Paul
stephen
12 years ago
#178 Quote
psumner wrote:
Hi support
I have copied the plugins to the correct folder but the admin plugins page just does not show the plugins in the list. I have created my own shipping plugin and it displays and installs no problem. I am running from VS via local host but no matter what I do I cannot see the plugins to install.

Paul

Try this:

Open global.asax
Type in something and save, then restore the document and save again.
Try again
Support
12 years ago
#182 Quote
stephen wrote:

Yes. Take a look at this sample where there is a additional css class to the listitem (li) http://users.tpg.com.au/j_birch/plugins/superfish/#sample4

So when rendering a category page, append a css class to the current category list item. Superfish will then do the magic.

Thanks Stephen we got your point :)
We haven't got much free time lately, so we can't promise this will be done any time soon. But we will add it in our backlog and if many people request it in the next couple of weeks we will consider implementing it.

Best Regards,
Support
12 years ago
#232 Quote
Hi guys,

We just released a new version of the plugin for nopCommerce 2.2 and 2.3 that you can download from your Downloadable section as usual. Here is what is new in this release:

Fixed an issue with the category Search engine friendly page name containing blank spaces not being converted to hyphens and resulting to %20 chars in the Url names.

Added ability to control which Top Level categories to be shown in the menu based on their Show on Home page property being set to True. You can add a new setting SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.CategoriesHeaderMenu.ShowHomePageTopLevelCategoriesOnly set to True to enable this functionality. This is very useful when you have too many Top Level categories and want to show only some of them in the menu.

Added a new css class "current" to the li element of the current category.

Thanks to all of you who requested these features and contributed with ideas.
Your feedback is very valuable to us.

Best Regards,
vijay.chintamani
11 years ago
#1090 Quote
I am unable to find the download link for nop-categories-header-menu for nop commerce version 2.3 please help me with a link.

I had found a zip file but that includes plugins for versions 2.4, 2.5 & 2.6  but not for 2.3