Close

Electronics Theme customization

hideme
11 years ago
#1885 Quote
Hi, we need some changes in the electronics theme (we have the 2.6 version), we need to translate the "search" button of the header to another language.

And we want to change all the green base colors to blue.

Could you give us some tips where to change?.

thank you.
IvanStoyanov
11 years ago
#1887 Quote
hideme wrote:
Hi, we need some changes in the electronics theme (we have the 2.6 version), we need to translate the "search" button of the header to another language.

And we want to change all the green base colors to blue.

Could you give us some tips where to change?.

thank you.

Hi hideme,

Go to the administration of your website => Configuration => Languages click View string resources next to your language and filter for the search resource name. Change the value and you are ready.

To change the color from green to blue you need to go to /Themes/Electronics/Content/ and edit the styles.css file.

Ivan Stoyanov
Thank you for choosing our products! Your feedback is important to us!
hideme
11 years ago
#1891 Quote
Hello, Ok, thank you.

Could you give me the LocaleStringResource.resourcename of the token, because searching in the admin for that token is realy difficult, so i prefere changing in the database directly.

Thank you .
IvanStoyanov
11 years ago
#1892 Quote
hideme wrote:
Hello, Ok, thank you.

Could you give me the LocaleStringResource.resourcename of the token, because searching in the admin for that token is realy difficult, so i prefere changing in the database directly.

Thank you .

Hi hideme,

The resource name is "search".
hideme
11 years ago
#1893 Quote
well, looks like that didn't work, because i already changed it but in the home page shows "search". I changed that a few days ago and in the developing machine, so the iis was reseted a lot of times.
hideme
11 years ago
#1894 Quote
Hi, I changed the Themes\Electronics\Views\Catalog\SearchBox.cshtml
Line 13 from:

<input type="submit" class="searchButtonClass" id="btn-small-search" value="Search" name="btnSearch" @(Model.AutoCompleteEnabled ? Html.Raw(" autocomplete=\"off\"") : null) />

To:
        <input type="submit" class="searchButtonClass" id="btn-small-search" value="@T("Search")" name="btnSearch" @(Model.AutoCompleteEnabled ? Html.Raw(" autocomplete=\"off\"") : null) />

This works now.

Thank you.
hideme
11 years ago
#1895 Quote
Hi, I found another text that I can't translate, is in the ajax cart, the windows that shows the items (the notification box), I can't translate the label of the "checkout" button.

I changed all other labels with:

SevenSpikes.NopAjaxCart.ShoppingCartNotificationBoxViewYourBasket
SevenSpikes.NopAjaxCart.ShoppingCartNotificationBoxContinueShopping
SevenSpikes.NopAjaxCart.ShoppingCartNotificationBoxTitle
SevenSpikes.NopAjaxCart.ShoppingCartNotificationBoxQuantity

And replace the close-window.gif with one without the label, but i can't find any resourceName for the checkout button.

Could you give me a tip for this?

Thank you.
IvanStoyanov
11 years ago
#1898 Quote
hideme wrote:
Hi, I found another text that I can't translate, is in the ajax cart, the windows that shows the items (the notification box), I can't translate the label of the "checkout" button.

I changed all other labels with:

SevenSpikes.NopAjaxCart.ShoppingCartNotificationBoxViewYourBasket
SevenSpikes.NopAjaxCart.ShoppingCartNotificationBoxContinueShopping
SevenSpikes.NopAjaxCart.ShoppingCartNotificationBoxTitle
SevenSpikes.NopAjaxCart.ShoppingCartNotificationBoxQuantity

And replace the close-window.gif with one without the label, but i can't find any resourceName for the checkout button.

Could you give me a tip for this?

Thank you.

Hi hideme,

It appears that you are using an older version of nopCommerce (I presume 2.6). The Search and Checkout button resources was not localized in that version, but we localized them in the newer versions. BTW you did great localizing the Search button.
In order to localize the Checkout button on the Ajax Cart you need to go to /Plugins/SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.NopAjaxCart/Views/NopAjaxCartShoppingCart and open the ProductAddedToCartPopupDialog.cshtml view. Go to line 41 and change the value attribute of the input from "checkout" to "@T("Checkout.Button")". After that you need to localize this resource and you are ready.

If you have more questions do not hesitate and ask.

Have a wonderful day.

Ivan Stoyanov
hideme
11 years ago
#1901 Quote
Hello Ivan, you are correct. I use 2.6, it's possible to  install a newer version of your products if i run 2.6 version of nopCommerce? till what version of the templates and plugins?  

What's the best way to edit and update the code of the plugins? because i can't saw it in the nopcommerce project, simple add existing and then compile with the solution?

Thank you.
IvanStoyanov
11 years ago
#1902 Quote
hideme wrote:
Hello Ivan, you are correct. I use 2.6, it's possible to  install a newer version of your products if i run 2.6 version of nopCommerce? till what version of the templates and plugins?  

What's the best way to edit and update the code of the plugins? because i can't saw it in the nopcommerce project, simple add existing and then compile with the solution?

Thank you.

Hi hideme,

When you download the package from our website the version of the plugins and themes in the package is the latest version. In the main package you can see different packages for different versions of nopCommerce. You need to use the package for your version. (for example you can not use 2.8 package of our plugins/themes on 2.6 installation of nopCommerce. You need to use 2.6).

In order to edit and update the code of the plugins you can use Visual Studio, Notepad, Notepad ++ or any other text editor.
Do not add the plugins to the solution, because they are already compiled. Just open the file that you want to edit, make your changes and save the file.

NOTE: If you are working locally with the full source code, copy the plugins to the /Presentation/Nop.Web/Plugins folder. If you are working with deployed website or the builded version of nopCommerce copy the plugins to the Plugins folder.

Best regards,

Ivan Stoyanov