Close

Manufacturer Page - filter by Category?

trentnix
6 years ago
#14265 Quote
We have manufacturers that provide a wide variety of products. Is it possible to add a filter for a category or multiple categories of products for a specific manufacturer?

When you go to a category page, there is a "subcategories" filter. It would be great to have something similar on the Manufacturer page.
anton_ivanov
6 years ago
#14294 Quote
Hello,

Unfortunately, this is not possible with the plugin since it doesn't support such a functionality.
You can, however, create a specification attribute "Manufacturers" with values the names of your manufacturers.
After that, you will need to map your products to the right value(s) of your manufacturers. You will need to uncheck the Show on product page setting and check the Allow Filtering setting when mapping the specifications.

Hope that helps!  
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com
trentnix
6 years ago
#14301 Quote
The only problem with that is now there are two Manufacturer filters - the "manufacturer" specification attribute results in redundant manufacturer filters when in a category.
anton_ivanov
6 years ago
#14306 Quote
Hello,

Excuse me I've made a mistake in my previous post. You will need to create a specification named "Category" with values, your existing categories and map them to your products as explained in my previous post.
This way on your manufacturer details page you will have a filter "Category" and users will be able to filter by category or categories selected.

Hope that helps!
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com
trentnix
6 years ago
#14310 Quote
That still creates a problem. When you navigate to a category page, the "Categories" specification is listed and the category tree is listed as well.

anton_ivanov
6 years ago
#14316 Quote
Hello,

Well, the only way to not have both the category navigation and the category filters is by hiding the category navigation (the subcategories list) with CSS.
If you are using the Nop Pavilion theme you can do that by pasting the following code in the Custom Head Styles setting in Administration -> Nop-Templates -> Themes -> Pavilion -> Settings:

.block-category-navigation {
   display:none !important;
}

Hope that helps!
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com