Close

Search in description

crazycanuck
6 years ago
#14035 Quote
Does anyone know of a way to always have Search in product description? Right now users have to check the check box in order to search in description. We would like this to be the default
anton_ivanov
6 years ago
#14039 Quote
Hello,

In order for the search to always search in descriptions you will need to check the Search in Descriptions setting in Administration -> Nop-Templates -> Plugins -> Instant Search -> Settings.

Hope that helps!
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com
crazycanuck
6 years ago
#14040 Quote
Hi Anton

Thanks for your response. We're not currently using the instant search. The search I'm referring to is the search box which appears near the top of every page. It's also the main product search page
anton_ivanov
6 years ago
#14048 Quote
Hello,

Unfortunately, this functionality is available only in the Instant Search plugin. I suggest you try using it. You can enable it from Administration -> Nop-Templates -> Plugins -> Instant Search -> Settings.
Your search will stay the same, Instant Search will just add additional functionalities, like autocomplete dropdown, advanced category, manufacturer and vendor search and much more.
Actually, our demo store uses the Instant Search you can. You can see it here.

Hope that helps!
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com
crazycanuck
6 years ago
#14056 Quote
Thanks Anton

So I'm having some trouble troubleshooting something with our search. Every time I debug the solution by using the search box and search page, the breakpoint that I have in the ProductService SearchProducts method never gets hit. It does get hit when the autocomplete search happens but otherwise it never goes there when sitting the search button. Can you please guide me on where I need to look to make changes to the Search functionality?
anton_ivanov
6 years ago
#14060 Quote
Hi,

If you have enabled the Ajax Filters on your search page the ProductService SearchProducts will not get hit because the Ajax Filters use their own method to get and display products.
You will need to disable the filters on your search page by unchecking the Show Ajax Filters on Search Page from Administration -> Nop-Templates -> Plugins -> Ajax Filters -> Settings -> Integration Settings.

Note: You cannot customize the search functionality with the Ajax Filters plugin enabled on the search page because our source code is not open for our clients.

Hope that helps!
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com