Close

Odd Message in Logs after theme update

bcdiesel
6 years ago
#13831 Quote
Hello, I updated my theme and plugins from an older 3.8 version to 3.8.888 and I've started receiving a lot of weird filter error messages in my log which I can't seem to figure out. I don't think that it's throwing an error message up to the customer but I'd like to get to the bottom of why this is showing up.

From what I can see, it's having an issue with "SearchVendorID".. I don't use vendors so I don't think it affects me that much, but if anyone could figure out what this error message is trying to say and a possible fix then that would be fantastic.  Thanks!

System.ArgumentException: The parameters dictionary contains a null entry for parameter 'searchVendorId' of non-nullable type 'System.Int32' for method 'System.Web.Mvc.ActionResult GetFilteredProducts(Int32, Int32, Int32, SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AjaxFilters.Models.PriceRangeFilterSlider.PriceRangeFilterModel7Spikes, SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AjaxFilters.Models.SpecificationFilter.SpecificationFilterModel7Spikes, SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AjaxFilters.Models.AttributeFilter.AttributeFilterModel7Spikes, SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AjaxFilters.Models.ManufacturerFilter.ManufacturerFilterModel7Spikes, SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AjaxFilters.Models.VendorFilter.VendorFilterModel7Spikes, Nop.Web.Models.Catalog.CatalogPagingFilteringModel, SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AjaxFilters.Models.OnSaleFilter.OnSaleFilterModel7Spikes, System.String, Boolean, System.String, Int32, Int32, Int32, System.Nullable`1[System.Decimal], System.Nullable`1[System.Decimal], Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)' in 'SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AjaxFilters.Controllers.Catalog7SpikesController'. An optional parameter must be a reference type, a nullable type, or be declared as an optional parameter. Parameter name: parameters at System.Web.Mvc.ActionDescriptor.ExtractParameterFromDictionary(ParameterInfo parameterInfo, IDictionary`2 parameters, MethodInfo methodInfo) at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<BeginInvokeSynchronousActionMethod>b__39(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ActionInvocation innerInvokeState) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`2.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResultBase`1.End() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethod(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3d() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRe
SDobrev
6 years ago
#13832 Quote
Hi,

Did you delete all SevenSpikes folder and paste the new ones? Most probably the Core plugin and the AjaxFilters plugin are not compatible.

Check the exact versions of the plugins in the Loaded Assemblies page. The Core plugin and all SevenSpikes plugins should be the same version.
Best Regards,
Stoyan Dobrev
Nop-Templates.com
bcdiesel
6 years ago
#13833 Quote
I’m sure that it’s something like that, though there is a small problem. 

My traction theme and it’s plugins are all 3.8.888.22855 and the license has since expired. Since then I’ve purchased the checkout plugin which is at a higher revision (3.8.1119.23408). Could that be causing the issue?

SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.Core, Version=3.8.888.22855, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Conditions, Version=3.8.888.22855, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Core, Version=3.8.888.22855, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.EntitySettings, Version=3.8.888.22855, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Framework, Version=3.8.888.22855, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Mappings, Version=3.8.888.22855, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Scheduling, Version=3.8.888.22855, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Services, Version=3.8.888.22855, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AjaxFilters, Version=3.8.888.22855, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AnywhereSliders, Version=3.8.888.22855, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.CloudZoom, Version=3.8.888.22855, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.InstantSearch, Version=3.8.888.22855, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.JCarousel, Version=3.8.888.22855, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.MegaMenu, Version=3.8.888.22855, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.NopQuickTabs, Version=3.8.888.22855, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.PrevNextProduct, Version=3.8.888.22855, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.ProductRibbons, Version=3.8.888.22855, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.QuickView, Version=3.8.888.22855, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.RealOnePageCheckout, Version=3.8.1119.24408, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AjaxCart, Version=3.8.888.22855, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Theme.Traction, Version=3.8.888.22855, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SDobrev
6 years ago
#13834 Quote
Hi,

The AjaxFilters is the same version as the Core plugin so the problem is somewhere else.

Try to uninstall and install the AjaxFilters and if this does not help please clear the Temporary ASP .NET files.
Best Regards,
Stoyan Dobrev
Nop-Templates.com
bcdiesel
6 years ago
#13851 Quote
Hi,

I’ve tried both suggestions, even deleted all the plugins and the core and reinstalled, and unfortunately I’m still getting these messages. 100’s now per day. 

Like I said the filters seem to be functioning normally and I haven’t seen it throw an error message to the user yet but I’d really like to get it figure out.

Any other suggestions that I could try?

Thanks again 
Travis
bcdiesel
6 years ago
#13852 Quote
One thought- is it possible that it has something to do with case sensitivity?

I just noticed that the error has the variable “searchVendorId” when the proper variable should actually be “SearchVendorId” with a capital S. 

Cheers
Travis 
bcdiesel
6 years ago
#13853 Quote
Whelp, turns out that that’s what it was .. at least I think so anyway, as after replacing the variable calls with a capital S, I haven’t had the error since. 

There were about 3 DLL files that needed to be changed in both the core and Ajax plugin DLL. 

Cheers
Travis
SDobrev
6 years ago
#13856 Quote
Hi,

Most probably the old JS files were cached by your customers' browsers and this is the reason for the errors in the log. Now the cache is expired and they use the new version.

By changing the dlls do you mean that you changed the code somehow?
Best Regards,
Stoyan Dobrev
Nop-Templates.com
bcdiesel
6 years ago
#13857 Quote
I was wrong.  They’re still coming back even with the case sensitivity. 

I had edited the DLL’s with Visual Studio and overwrote the lower case s with a capital. I had heard that case sensitivity was a big annoyance so I had thought I had it conquered. 

Still stumped. 
SDobrev
6 years ago
#13864 Quote
Hi,

If you are using CDN clear the cache. It is possible to receive this error because the cache of your customers' browsers is not cleared yet.

Please note that it is not a good idea to modify the code.
Best Regards,
Stoyan Dobrev
Nop-Templates.com