Close

Rich Blog plugin change from right to left column layout

joster
6 years ago
#13782 Quote
Hello-

I've got the Uptown theme installed on our 3.90 development site and for some reason, the Rich Blog plugin has a right-column layout instead of the left-column layout shown on the rich blog demo page.

How would I go about changing this?

Thanks!
ZornitsaIvanova
6 years ago
#13786 Quote
Hello joster,
The right-column layout is by design.
If you insist on having it at left go at the theme settings in the administration and there you will found section named 'Custom Head Styles'. Paste the following there:

.blog-pages-body .side-2 {
    float: left;
}
.blog-pages-body .center-2 {
    float: right;
}

Hope that will help
Best regards,
Zornitsa Ivanova
Nop-Templates.com
joster
6 years ago
#13793 Quote
ZornitsaIvanova wrote:
Hello joster,
The right-column layout is by design.
If you insist on having it at left go at the theme settings in the administration and there you will found section named 'Custom Head Styles'. Paste the following there:

.blog-pages-body .side-2 {
    float: left;
}
.blog-pages-body .center-2 {
    float: right;
}

Hope that will help

Hello-

I tried as you suggested, but nothing changes on my site.
I added the styles to my theme/customer head styles and no change...
I added the styles directly to the styles.css after the other blog styles and no change...

Finally, I tried adding them to the end of the /plugins/sevenspikes.nop.plugins.richblog/themes/uptown/richblog.css file...

This worked.
Thanks!

ZornitsaIvanova
6 years ago
#13802 Quote
Hello joster,
Probably there was some cache at your site. There is no reason why this should not work. Please try again to put the styles into 'Custom Head Styles' and clear the cache from the administration and from the browser. Because if you leave them in the styles file in plugin when you update the plugin the changes will be lost.
Hope that will help you.
Best regards,
Zornitsa Ivanova
Nop-Templates.com