Close

Category cutomization

subhajit01
6 years ago
#13559 Quote
I want to modify the home page left side column bar which showing category of products but  I want category and subcategory showing column bar at the same time at the home category section. Please let me know how can I do it. I tried but I am not able to that. please help me

Left side column bar style is below

>Linear Motion
(Main category)
    >Support Unit(sub category)
    >Coupling (Sub category)
    >crossed roller slide rail(sub category)

>Positioning Stage(Main Category)
     >Manual positioning stage(Sub category)
     >Motorized positioning stage(Sub category)

And so on. I need to customize my homepage left side column bar like above style. please let help me how to do

hristian.dimov
6 years ago
#13568 Quote
subhajit01 wrote:
I want to modify the home page left side column bar which showing category of products but  I want category and subcategory showing column bar at the same time at the home category section. Please let me know how can I do it. I tried but I am not able to that. please help me

Left side column bar style is below

>Linear Motion
(Main category)
    >Support Unit(sub category)
    >Coupling (Sub category)
    >crossed roller slide rail(sub category)

>Positioning Stage(Main Category)
     >Manual positioning stage(Sub category)
     >Motorized positioning stage(Sub category)

And so on. I need to customize my homepage left side column bar like above style. please let help me how to do

Hi,

From what I understand, you want to show all categories and their subcategories. If that is correct, you need to modify the CategoryNavigation.cshtml view. All you have to do there is to remove this check:

if (category.Id == Model.CurrentCategoryId || category.SubCategories.Count(BreadCrumbContainsCurrentCategoryId) > 0)
{

and of course the closing curly bracket "}".

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
subhajit01
6 years ago
#13597 Quote
first of all thank you so much for your reply.

@{
            if (category.Id == Model.CurrentCategoryId ||
                category.SubCategories.Count(BreadCrumbContainsCurrentCategoryId) > 0)}
when I remove above code that time showing every category,but in our website we have one main category(Linear motion) , under the main category have another category, if we called category 1 . under the category 1 we have other categoriesa called category 2, so i need to show main category and category 1 but not category 2 which is under the  category 1.
for your clear understand please visit  our website. LINK:https://www.gmtglobalinc.com/

I hope you get my point.
Please help me i do not able to do this only.
subhajit01
6 years ago
#13598 Quote
subhajit01 wrote:

@{
when I remove above code that time showing every category,but in our website we have one main category(Linear motion) , under the main category have another category, if we called category 1 . under the category 1 we have other categories called category 2, so i need to show main category and category 1 but not category 2 which is under the  category 1.
for your clear understand please visit  our website. LINK:https://www.gmtglobalinc.com/

I hope you get my point.
hristian.dimov
6 years ago
#13601 Quote
subhajit01 wrote:

@{
when I remove above code that time showing every category,but in our website we have one main category(Linear motion) , under the main category have another category, if we called category 1 . under the category 1 we have other categoriesa called category 2, so i need to show main category and category 1 but not category 2 which is under the  category 1.

I hope you get my point.

Hi,

unfortunately, this scenario requires modifications which is out of the scope of our support line. I suggest you ask in the nopCommerce forum as there you might find someone with the same requirement as yours.

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
subhajit01
6 years ago
#13605 Quote
In home page category navigation section is possible to customize like nopcommerce administration navigation for example when i clicked any parent category that time open all sub category of parent category.same with nop-commerce administration navigation-bar. If it is possibe then please let me know how can i do that.
hristian.dimov
6 years ago
#13607 Quote
subhajit01 wrote:
In home page category navigation section is possible to customize like nopcommerce administration navigation for example when i clicked any parent category that time open all sub category of parent category.same with nop-commerce administration navigation-bar. If it is possibe then please let me know how can i do that.

Hi,

Yes, it is possible. The easiest way is to use jQuery. You can bind a click event ( https://api.jquery.com/click/ ) to each of the categories that have children categories and slide toggle their content ( you can use slideToggle - http://api.jquery.com/slidetoggle/ ).

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com