Close

Home page search enter key redirects to first product instead of search result page

[email protected]
6 years ago
#13394 Quote
For example, Below image look at 2nd part.

Suppose on home page when I search with any text and  auto-complete result appear below search textbox and when I press enter key and It it redirect to the first product of auto complete result page of instead of search result page. Is this bug. can it be redirect to search result page?  

anton_ivanov
6 years ago
#13396 Quote
Hello,

This is done by design. If you have the first element in the search highlighted and press enter, the Instant Search will redirect you to the product details page of that product.

You can disable this functionality by going to Administration -> Nop-Templates -> Plugins -> Instant Search -> Settings and uncheck the Highlight first element setting.

Hope that helps!
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com
[email protected]
6 years ago
#13410 Quote
That you for your reply. This is what exactly I am looking for.

Is it also possible to show all results link end of the auto complete result?
anton_ivanov
6 years ago
#13412 Quote
Hello,

This option is not available in the instant search at the moment.

I would like to suggest to you another functionality that the Instant Search plugin provides:
You can limit your visible items. If the items to show in the instant search are more than the maximum number of visible items you specified, the instant search auto-complete popup will display a scroll so you can have a limited height of the popup and still have all of the products that the instant search returns.

You can achieve that by going to Administration -> Nop-Templates -> Instant Search -> Settings and making the Number of visible products setting lower than the Number Of Products setting.

Hope that helps!
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com