Close

Problem with sections not showing on the home page

bigtopmultimedia
7 years ago
#13072 Quote
I have just upgraded a nopcommerce 3.1 site to 3.8 and I'm finding that some of the Urban features are not showing up on the home page, such as the "Hot" section, the "News" section, etc.

How can I troubleshoot this?

Thanks
anton_ivanov
7 years ago
#13073 Quote
Hello,

If you want to show news on the home page you will have to go to Administration -> Configuration -> Settings -> News Settings and check the "News enabled" setting.

As for the "Hot" section: The products shown there are best sellers. You will have to have products that have been ordered in order to have that section.

Hope that helps!
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com
bigtopmultimedia
7 years ago
#13075 Quote
Thanks - that has fixed the News section.

Maybe you can help with the homepage category tabs. I have 4 set to display (under Nop-Templates > Themes > Urban > Settings > Additional settings > Home Page Categories), but the tabs and products are not displaying on the front end.

Regarding the Hot section - This site has hundreds of orders, though most of them have the status 'Processing'. Could that be why they are not showing up?

bigtopmultimedia
7 years ago
#13076 Quote
Please disregard my question regarding the Hot section - it is displaying now.
bigtopmultimedia
7 years ago
#13080 Quote
I would be grateful for any input on the homepage category tabs problem described in my second post.
bigtopmultimedia
7 years ago
#13081 Quote
I discovered the source of the problem with homepage categories tabs - the Nop Urban Theme widget was not active (somehow). Activating the widget fixed the issue.