Close

Custom Link in Megamenu

Juson
7 years ago
#12926 Quote
Hello.

I want to put custom links in All Categories(two-columns-area-left) of Pavilion Theme.

Now when I make a custom link in Megamenu, it is only placed on top menu.

Is there any way to do it?

Thanks

Juson
anton_ivanov
7 years ago
#12928 Quote
Hello,

Usually, the side menu in Pavilion is reserved for Category Menu Items with Template : With Pictures or List and the top menu is for all the other menu items.

You can, however, display a menu item other than the Category Menu Items if you add the "root-category-items" class to its element.
The way to do that is to go to Administration -> Nop-Templates -> Plugins -> Mega Menu -> edit your menu -> Menu Items and edit your menu item (in your case the custom link). You should put the root-category-items class in the CSS classes setting. After saving the mega menu and reloading the public store your custom link should appear in the side menu.

Also please read the Nop Mega Menu Documentation if any of my instructions aren`t clear to you. There you can find all the information on how to work with the Nop Mega Menu Administration.

Hope that helps!
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com
officialreseller
7 years ago
#12932 Quote
but then... using this... root-category-items for a manufacturer.. is showing it in the side menu.. but the problem is the url... url is always pointed to /manufacturer/all ... even though I'm just adding a single manufacturer... Is there a work around for this please?
anton_ivanov
7 years ago
#12945 Quote
Hello,

I have answered the same question in the following topic: https://www.nop-templates.com/boards/topic/2956/pavilion-38-mega-menu-options-are-gone/page/2#12944
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com