Close

New Ticket - cannot add product with “double byte character” by searching partial name

simonyan
7 years ago
#12781 Quote
Hi there,

product with "double byte character" cannot be added by searching partial name during customer want to create new ticket.

for example, the product with name "香港月饼". it cannot be searched when customer input "香港”

could you please fix this bug?

thanks.

best regards,

simon
anton_ivanov
7 years ago
#12783 Quote
Hello,

You cannot find the product you are searching for because the Search Term Minimum in nopCommerce by default is 3 characters and you are searching with a string that is only 2 characters long.

In order to fix your problem you will need to go to Administration -> Configuration -> Settings -> All Setting and search for the catalogsettings.productsearchtermminimumlength setting. You will need to change its value to 2 or lower in order for your search to work the way you want it to.
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com
simonyan
7 years ago
#12785 Quote
hi Anton,
We already config that setting as 2. The interesting thing is that it will show the filtered product if customer press "SPACE" button after they input "double byte character".

anton_ivanov
7 years ago
#12787 Quote
Hello,

Excuse me for my last reply. The instructions I wrote there would not help you in your case.

Your problem is due to the Product Multi-select when creating a new ticket only showing products when you enter 3 characters. Since you enter 2 you wouldn`t get products dropdown from the multi-select.

We have decided to make a setting so store owners can change the string length required  for the product dropdown to show.
Can you please tell us what version of nopCommerce are you using?
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com
simonyan
7 years ago
#12790 Quote
Hi Anton,

I don't think the issue is fully related to the length of search string. As I mentioned, customer can get the filtered list after they press "Space" key at the end of the search string.

Our version is 3.70.

Thanks for your quick reply

best regards,

simon
anton_ivanov
7 years ago
#12804 Quote
Hello,

This is how the search works. If you have spaces in the beginning and the end of the string it trims them and it doesn`t affect the search result. But since you add another character the Product Multiselect triggers its autocomplete function and shows you the results.
Now practically your string is 3 characters long but since it trims the space at the end it searches only by the 2 other characters. That is why it finds your product. It should work with a space in the beginning too for the same reason but it would not work with spaces somewhere in the middle of the string.
So this is a behaviour that is not problematic.

Also, we should be ready with the implementation of the new setting in the plugin by the end of the day. I will respond here when it is ready.
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com
anton_ivanov
7 years ago
#12812 Quote
Hello,

The new version of Nop Help Desk where we added a setting to control the minimum keyword length before the product multiselect autocomplete is triggered is deployed. If you download the latest version of the plugin and update it you should be able to solve your problem.

You can find more information on how to update a plugin in our documentation.
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com