Close

Errors installing several plugins

renier.stander
7 years ago
#12777 Quote
We've set up a test site for nopCommerce to assess its viability to serve as our e-comm platform. We have also purchased the Nop Pavilion theme to go with this.

The nopCommerce installation was performed on v3.8 & we have downloaded the v3.8 of the Pavilion theme. The plugins were copied over to the server & the theme to the themes directory.

Next we installed the Seven Spikes Core plugin from the nopCommerce admin area - this installed successfully. We then worked our way down the plugins - some of the plugins installed successfully, but others failed with various errors. We didn't try to install the theme plugin, as the documentation indicated this needs to be done last. Below is a list of the plugins that failed to install & the error that was provided:

Nop Ajax Filters: There was an error parsing the query. [ Token line number = 1,Token line offset = 1,Token in error = IF ]
Nop Anywhere Sliders: There was an error parsing the query. [ Token line number = 7,Token line offset = 1,Token in error = CREATE ]
Nop JCarousel: There was an error parsing the query. [ Token line number = 10,Token line offset = 1,Token in error = CREATE ]
Nop Mega Menu: There was an error parsing the query. [ Token line number = 10,Token line offset = 1,Token in error = CREATE ]
Nop Product Ribbons: There was an error parsing the query. [ Token line number = 7,Token line offset = 1,Token in error = CREATE ]
Nop Quick Tabs: There was an error parsing the query. [ Token line number = 7,Token line offset = 1,Token in error = CREATE ]
Nop Rich Blog: There is no store type corresponding to the EDM type 'Edm.Time(Nullable=True)' of primitive type 'Time'.
Nop Smart Product Collections: There was an error parsing the query. [ Token line number = 10,Token line offset = 1,Token in error = CREATE ]

Could we please get some assistance in identifying what's missing or could be causing the above errors?

Appreciate the help & support, thank you.

anton_ivanov
7 years ago
#12778 Quote
Hello,

Are you using SQL Server Compact Edition? Our plugins do not support SQL Server Compact Edition.
You should use SQL Server 2008 or above.
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com
renier.stander
7 years ago
#12779 Quote
Hi Anton

Thank you very much. You are indeed correct, our nopCommerce was set up against SQL Compact. We've migrated across to SQL Server & the plugins are now installing as expected.

Appreciate the assistance.
bmoc2
6 years ago
#14167 Quote
Hi there,

I have the same issue with the installation of those same plugins. Could someone shed some light on how to change from SQL Server Compact to SQL Server 2008. I have 2008 installed but I am stumped as to how one would change it.
Is there a simple solution or is it a complicated process?
anton_ivanov
6 years ago
#14171 Quote
Hello,

This article explains the process of moving your database from SQL CE to SQL Server.

Hope that helps!
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com
bmoc2
6 years ago
#14175 Quote
Hi,
Yeah it helps somewhat thank you. However, I am a complete noob when it comes to nopCommerce. I am using visual studio to edit and deploy my site which is hosted locally at the moment. I have tried a few different fixes and nothing seems to work. I am getting really frustrated with it now because I know it's probably something very easy that I am doing wrong,