Close

Best sellers Product datasource not what I expected

skynopc56
7 years ago
#12699 Quote
So we were getting some different data with the Best sellers Product datasource.

I think I have figured it out and that it is using total $ amount sold not total qty sold of items.  Anyway to switch this to use best sellers by qty sold not $?  One expensive item is causing our best seller items not to show.
anton_ivanov
7 years ago
#12703 Quote
Hello,

Yes, you are correct. The Best Sellers data source will sort the products by price rather than quantity.
However, I do see your point about the data source. We are thinking of implementing a new data source that will sort the Best Sellers by quantity sold in the near future.

Thank you for your suggestion.
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com
skynopc56
7 years ago
#12767 Quote
Great!  Any idea on time frame?  I have been putting off attempting to write my own custom datasource when it seems like a pretty easy mod to your current bestsellers data source.  Glad you will soon have both options available.
anton_ivanov
7 years ago
#12768 Quote
Hello,

We are currently working on improving our JCarousel plugin. This is a project that will bring many  new features to the plugin. We have planned to implement the new Best Sellers data source in the new JCarousel and we`ll release the data source with the release of the new JCarousel.
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com