Close

Pavilion Theme optimization

deselt
7 years ago
#12642 Quote
I recently update this theme to 3.8.354.21965 version and run test at Google Speed inside.
and getting two recommendation to fix.
1. Leverage browser caching
https://www.cycleheart.com/PavilionTheme/RetrieveColorSquares (expiration not specified)
2. Prioritize visible content (screen shot below)
Boyko
7 years ago
#12643 Quote
deselt wrote:
I recently update this theme to 3.8.354.21965 version and run test at Google Speed inside.
and getting two recommendation to fix.
1. Leverage browser caching
https://www.cycleheart.com/PavilionTheme/RetrieveColorSquares (expiration not specified)
2. Prioritize visible content (screen shot below)

Hi deselt,

Please let me explain:

1. Leverage browser caching.

This is a URL that is used for making Ajax calls to get the color squares. It should not have any expiration date since it is not a static resource. I really don't know why google thinks it is a static resource and suggests you to add expiration date.
What does expiration date means?
It means that if you have static resources i.e images etc. The server should add expiration date that is used by the browser to cache these resources for the specified time.
Google usually suggest this to be at least 2 weeks.
Please note that nopCommerce adds expiration date to all static resources and the default value is 7 days which is defined in the Web.config file and could be changed.
We should not add expiration date to non-static resources.
It doesn't make sense to do this for ajax request i.e if we cache the color squares of the products then all products would have the same color squares which is not something that we want to be dynamic content depending on the products on the home page.

2.  Prioritize visible content.

Google suggests that the visible part of the web page should not contain any data that is retrieved by making additional calls to the server, which is the case with the products from the smart product collections that you have on the Home page.
Of course we have made the Smart product collections to use Ajax on purpose, so that the products are loaded after the page is loaded and only when the collection becomes visible, which by the way greatly improves the loading of the page since only the products that are visible are loaded. So basically Google suggests you to remove the Smart Product collections from the visible part when the page is loaded. So you can put something above the Smart Collections and this way in the visible part of the page everything will be loaded at the time the page loads and no ajax called will be made to show that content.

Both suggestions are as google say "Consider fixing", which means that they will not have such a great impact.

I hope this information is useful!
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
deselt
7 years ago
#12801 Quote
Thank you for suggestion. After reviewing our website we cosigner that speed is more important that design futures. We keep only 3 plugins from Pavilion theme and speed dramatically increase. Server respond drop from 0.53 to 0.18.
but those two issue from google speed inside still persist.
1. Prioritize visible content (we don't have any addition plugin at hompage but this issue is still there)
2.Leverage browser caching  https://www.cycleheart.com/PavilionTheme/RetrieveColorSquares (expiration not specified)
Its any way to remove this Color Square future. We don't use it and I remember when this theme was released this future was not there.
Boyko
7 years ago
#12819 Quote
deselt wrote:
Thank you for suggestion. After reviewing our website we cosigner that speed is more important that design futures. We keep only 3 plugins from Pavilion theme and speed dramatically increase. Server respond drop from 0.53 to 0.18.
but those two issue from google speed inside still persist.
1. Prioritize visible content (we don't have any addition plugin at hompage but this issue is still there)
2.Leverage browser caching  https://www.cycleheart.com/PavilionTheme/RetrieveColorSquares (expiration not specified)
Its any way to remove this Color Square future. We don't use it and I remember when this theme was released this future was not there.

Hi deselt,

I see that you don't have the Smart Collections on the Home page anymore and I really can't understand why they say that some of the visible content is not available when the page is loaded when it is. The only plugin left is the Slider that you have. Can you disable it and test again to see if that is the reason for that warning.

Actually now you have no ajax calls to the server and I don't see any calls to the RetrieveColorSquares, which you can easily disable (which I suspect you already did) from the theme settings - additional settings tab and selecting None from the dropdown for the Color attributes.
So now I don't see such a warning for "Leverage the browser cache" anymore.

Please let me know if the test still complains if you remove the Slider!
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
deselt
7 years ago
#12820 Quote
RetrieveColorSquares Yes I quote it out in your theme.
Prioritize visible content issue is the Slider plugin. You Right. When is disabled this issue don't show.
Boyko
7 years ago
#12831 Quote
deselt wrote:
RetrieveColorSquares Yes I quote it out in your theme.
Prioritize visible content issue is the Slider plugin. You Right. When is disabled this issue don't show.

Hi Deselt,

This is what I suspected but it is strange since the images in the Slider are not loaded via Ajax and they don't require any additional requests rather than the requests that the browser does anyway to get the images.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team