Close

Apparent belief among UI/UX people that nop-template themes can't be customized?

nopadmin
7 years ago
#12373 Quote
Since I don't really do theme and UI modifications for my clients, I recommended early on to one client that they should hire someone else to do the theme css tweaks and UI/UX work.  We built the site on Shop All 3.50 and modified out of the box nop functionality fairly extensively.  We added plugins and modified many of the view files in the Shop All theme.  Yesterday my client called me and said that he has talked to now 3 people who refused to take on the project because we used the Shop All theme.  One told him 'that was the worst thing you could do is to use a third party theme'.  I replied that the Shop All theme, like any of your themes, are MEANT to be customized and there are thousands of sites on nop using your themes that are very heavily customized with css tweaks, plugins, moving elements around the pages, and more.  I know that you cannot customize the logic behind some of the plugins, however if a plugin does not do what you want then don't install it and either find another that behaves the way you want or write your own.    Am I missing something here?  Why would a so called 'nop expert' say that?  Ignorance?   Misinformation or unfamiliarity with your themes ?  

By the way, if anyone reading this does nop-template theme customizations and would like to take on a project for a US company, my client would love to talk to you.  Please PM me.  

Thanks
Shawn at NopAdmin
Boyko
7 years ago
#12379 Quote
nopadmin wrote:
Since I don't really do theme and UI modifications for my clients, I recommended early on to one client that they should hire someone else to do the theme css tweaks and UI/UX work.  We built the site on Shop All 3.50 and modified out of the box nop functionality fairly extensively.  We added plugins and modified many of the view files in the Shop All theme.  Yesterday my client called me and said that he has talked to now 3 people who refused to take on the project because we used the Shop All theme.  One told him 'that was the worst thing you could do is to use a third party theme'.  I replied that the Shop All theme, like any of your themes, are MEANT to be customized and there are thousands of sites on nop using your themes that are very heavily customized with css tweaks, plugins, moving elements around the pages, and more.  I know that you cannot customize the logic behind some of the plugins, however if a plugin does not do what you want then don't install it and either find another that behaves the way you want or write your own.    Am I missing something here?  Why would a so called 'nop expert' say that?  Ignorance?   Misinformation or unfamiliarity with your themes ?  

By the way, if anyone reading this does nop-template theme customizations and would like to take on a project for a US company, my client would love to talk to you.  Please PM me.  

Thanks
Shawn at NopAdmin

Hi Shawn,

I can't comment on why these so called "experts" have refused your project.
In my opinion I think that they may just don't want to work on the project and try to find excuses.

Regarding anyone that pretends to be a "nopCommerce expert" I just want to mention the fact that that around 30-40% of all nopCommerce websites that are created use any of our themes.
As you correctly pointed some of the websites are heavily customized and you can see only a potion of these websites in our Pinterest page.

Anyway I am sure that there will be many developers reading this forum that will be able to help you.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
nopadmin
7 years ago
#12382 Quote
Hi Boyko,

Thanks for your fast reply.  Indeed, I share your thoughts on why these UI folks just don't want the project or truly don't understand how your themes are designed and what you get when you purchase one.   They are worth every penny in my opinion, so it is not surprising that 30-40% of all nop sites use your themes.      I appreciate the time you took to answer my theoretical question.  

That was me just thinking out loud I suppose.   :-)    Regards