Close

Home Page is Blank!

Marcos
7 years ago
#12165 Quote
Hello,

I recently bought the Tiffany theme and installed it. To my surprise the Home screen is empty. Do you know where can I edit my front page? Perhaps I'm missing something here.

Thanks!
Marcos
7 years ago
#12166 Quote
I think I'm missing something because the subcategories should appear when I hover on the menu and they aren't appearing.

Cheers!
Deni
7 years ago
#12176 Quote
Marcos wrote:
I think I'm missing something because the subcategories should appear when I hover on the menu and they aren't appearing.

Cheers!

Hi, 

This sounds very strange. In order not to make any wild guesses please provide link to your site, so we can investigate your issue. If you do not want to expose your site here, please submit a ticket.
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com
Marcos
7 years ago
#12198 Quote
Hello, my site is http://www.zorropatagonico.com.ar/

Thanks!
Marcos
7 years ago
#12200 Quote
I also wanted to know if there's any way to get rid of the FAX in the bottom of the page. If I leave it blank it doesn't disappear and the legend "sevenspikes.themes.tiffany.common.fax" appears.

Thanks!
Deni
7 years ago
#12204 Quote
Hi Marcos,

I just checked your site. It looks like you have not set your home-page-text topic.
Please also check in your administration if you have set any products/categories to be shown on the home page.

The next thing you can check is the /Themes/Tiffany/Views/Home/Index.cshtml view. It should have structure similar to this one:
@{
    Layout = "~/Views/Shared/_ColumnsOne.cshtml";
}
<div class="page home-page">
    <div class="page-body">
        @Html.Widget("home_page_top")
        @Html.Action("TopicBlock", "Topic", new { systemName = "HomePageText" })
        @Html.Widget("home_page_before_categories")
        @Html.Action("HomepageCategories", "Catalog")
        @Html.Widget("home_page_before_products")
        @Html.Action("HomepageProducts", "Product")
        @Html.Widget("home_page_before_best_sellers")
        @Html.Action("HomepageBestSellers", "Product")
        @Html.Widget("home_page_before_poll")
        @Html.Action("HomePagePolls", "Poll")
        @Html.Widget("home_page_bottom")
    </div>
</div>

About the fax in the footer you have to open the /Themes/Tiffany/Views/Common/Footer.cshtml and search for this row and remove it: 
<li class="fax"><span>@T("SevenSpikes.Themes.Tiffany.Common.Fax")</span></li>

I hope this helped !
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com
Marcos
7 years ago
#12216 Quote
Hello,

Thank you for your answer!

I still can't figure a way to make the top menu show the subcategories included in jackets. I added the categories to be shown on the main page and could remove the footer.

However I have a few more other questions:

1) How to make it to show the subcategories when hovering on the top menu.
2) How to put the contact us at the end of the top menu. (which file should I edit)
3) Is there a way to configure the number of products per page to be divisible by 3? (It's configured to 4, 8 and 12)
4) How to add the color boxes on the products colors instead of only the name of the attribute.

Thanks!
Marcos
7 years ago
#12217 Quote
Me again!

I was able to solve No. 1 and No. 3. So.... I'm adding No.5!

5) Is there any way to get rid of the tags appearing on the left side when searching for products?

Thanks!
Deni
7 years ago
#12219 Quote
Marcos wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for your answer!

I still can't figure a way to make the top menu show the subcategories included in jackets. I added the categories to be shown on the main page and could remove the footer.

However I have a few more other questions:

1) How to make it to show the subcategories when hovering on the top menu.
2) How to put the contact us at the end of the top menu. (which file should I edit)
3) Is there a way to configure the number of products per page to be divisible by 3? (It's configured to 4, 8 and 12)
4) How to add the color boxes on the products colors instead of only the name of the attribute.

I was able to solve No. 1 and No. 3. So.... I'm adding No.5!

5) Is there any way to get rid of the tags appearing on the left side when searching for products?

Thanks!

Hi, 

2. I think you have managed to do it too as now I see the Contact Us link as a last menu item.

4. When adding an attribute to a product you can choose its control type - just select ColorSquares and you will see the colors. You can read more about product attributes here.

5. Go to this file: /Themes/Tiffany/Views/Shared/_ColumnsTwo.cshtml

and find this row (it is present on two places):
@Html.Action("PopularProductTags", "Catalog")

and comment it like this:
@*@Html.Action("PopularProductTags", "Catalog")*@

I hope this helped!
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com
Marcos
7 years ago
#12225 Quote
Thank you so much! I'll be making the changes soon.

Is there any way to show a texture from an image instead a color box defined by RGB values?

Thanks!