Close

System.NullReferenceException on SevenSpikes.core in nop2.30 installation

steefD
8 years ago
#12067 Quote
I have a nopCommerce 2.30 installation taken over from somebody else, who is not available for consulting. I got the sources and had to upgrade it to Visual Studio 2013, but did not change the target-framework which is .Net Framework 4.  Whenever I try to start a debugging session,I receive a 'System.NullReferenceException' in SevenSpikes.Nop.Framework.dll in the Nop.Web.Framework.Mvc.Roues.RoutePublisher.RegisterRoutes method. 

I have no clue where to look on this one. Any takers ?
Boyko
8 years ago
#12072 Quote
steefD wrote:
I have a nopCommerce 2.30 installation taken over from somebody else, who is not available for consulting. I got the sources and had to upgrade it to Visual Studio 2013, but did not change the target-framework which is .Net Framework 4.  Whenever I try to start a debugging session,I receive a 'System.NullReferenceException' in SevenSpikes.Nop.Framework.dll in the Nop.Web.Framework.Mvc.Roues.RoutePublisher.RegisterRoutes method. 

I have no clue where to look on this one. Any takers ?

Are you serious that you are using nopCommerce 2.30? This is almost 5 years old version. Even nopCommerce dropped the support for all versions prior to nopCommerce 2.65.
I would advise you to simply upgrade your website to the latest nopCommerce 3.7 version.
Anyway please let me know which of our products you are using so that I can advise. Most probably you are using some other plugin that is not compatible with our plugins which was often the case with the old versions on nopCommerce.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
steefD
8 years ago
#12073 Quote
I'm using the following plugins :

- SevenSpikes.Core
- SevenSpikes.Nop.AjaxFilters
- SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AnywhereSliders
- SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.CategoriesHeaderMenu

regards, Steef

Boyko
8 years ago
#12081 Quote
steefD wrote:
I'm using the following plugins :

- SevenSpikes.Core
- SevenSpikes.Nop.AjaxFilters
- SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AnywhereSliders
- SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.CategoriesHeaderMenu

regards, Steef

Hi Steef,

Thank you for this information but I don't see how we could help unless you provide us with access to you nopCommerce installation so that we can see what could be wrong. I am pretty sure there are some other plugin (not from the default nopCommerce plugins) that is causing this issue or you have some modifications to the code that is causing it.
Anyway if you could submit a ticket providing us access then we will be able to advise.

I would really recommend you to simply upgrade to the latest nopCommerce version as nopCommerce 2.3 was not a stable version that you should use for production websites. Since then there are many new bug fixes and improvements in nopCommerce.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
steefD
8 years ago
#12097 Quote
Hi, I took over development from someone else, and productionserver is running fine. I only have the problem when developing in Visual Studio which makes me unable to deploy. The site is a nop230 customisation with SevenSpikes plugins included. If I run bare nop230 from Visual Studio everything is fine. 

I can give you detailed information about what is wrong, I can even hand you over the sources if needed.
Boyko
8 years ago
#12098 Quote
steefD wrote:
Hi, I took over development from someone else, and productionserver is running fine. I only have the problem when developing in Visual Studio which makes me unable to deploy. The site is a nop230 customisation with SevenSpikes plugins included. If I run bare nop230 from Visual Studio everything is fine. 

I can give you detailed information about what is wrong, I can even hand you over the sources if needed.

Hi steefD,

As I said it will be best to submit a ticket. Your customer should have a valid license in order to get free support. Then you can simply package and attached the source code or upload it somewhere where we can get it and debug it locally.
You can check if there are any differences between your local machine plugins and the deployed version on your server and that could help you see what might be wrong. Maybe the Core plugin is not installed and you are trying to use something from the Core plugin that is not available (since it is uninstalled). Please check the InstalledPlugins.txt files on your dev and your productions environments if they are the same.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
steefD
8 years ago
#12107 Quote
Ok, I have filed a ticket.