Close

Eliminate some shipping options

basonista
8 years ago
#10617 Quote
Hello,

When I configure USPS shipping options, there is only one First Class Mail option to select or deselect but during checkout, two First Class Mail options are offered to the customer - Stamped Letter and Parcel. I don't want Stamped Letter.  Is there any way to eliminate this as an option?  Thank you!
iliyan.tanev
8 years ago
#10624 Quote
Hi,

This is a matter of plugin configuration. We are not experts on USPS and we can not give you much better information than you already have.

I suppose you have checked only the First class option. If I understand correctly USPS provide both the parcels and letters as first class services. I think that is why you are getting both. Maybe you should select only the parcel options (Bound Printed Matter, Media Mail Parcel, Library Mail Parcel), but I am not exactly sure if this is what you need. 

The best you can do is write in the nopCommerce forums. Maybe a store owner who is using the USPS could give you better advice on how to configure it the way you want.

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Iliyan Tanev
Nop-Templates Dev Team
basonista
8 years ago
#10632 Quote
Thanks, Iliyan.  There's no other options to select in the plugin so I suspect it's a USPS service issue in not providing separate shipping options within 1st class mail to choose from.  I tried explaining the issue to the USPS Web Tools person I contacted but I may as well have been speaking a foreign language since they had no idea what to do.

If I knew MVC well enough, I would code to not allow that option to display.  I'll post in the blog as you suggest.

Thanks again.