Close

caption home slider

hanz
8 years ago
#10591 Quote
Hi,

I'm trying to get the caption (or title) of the nivo slider to show as a block like the demo native template (-50% sale summer collection, so as block, in the middle). Can you help me out here ? 
nikola.dragiev
8 years ago
#10595 Quote
Hello,

You could try adding this css code to your Custom Head Styles textfield(it is located in Administration->Plugins->SevenSpikesThemes->NopNativeTheme->Settings):
.nivo-caption {
    top: 25%;
    width: auto !important;
    font-size: 19px;
    letter-spacing: 1.5px;
    color: #fff !important;
    background-color: rgba(34,34,34,.6) !important;
    height: 59px;
    padding: 15px 30px 15px 45px !important;
}

This can create a similar effect. If you want you can add this code also and create the white dash effect:

.nivo-caption:before {
    content: '';
    display: block;
    width: 28px;
    height: 4px;
    background: #fff;
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    bottom: 0;
    margin: auto;
}

Best regards,
Nikola Dragiev
Nop-Templates.com
hanz
8 years ago
#10598 Quote
Great, thanks Nikola !

One little problem, with this css, the link does not work for the caption. I tried something with z-index but that did not solve it.
nikola.dragiev
8 years ago
#10611 Quote
Hello,

In my local machine the links are clickable, so the difference is maybe in some overlapping with the product thumbs. Try adding this css:
.nivo-caption {
  z-index: 103;
}

p.s. If it is still not clickable you can add a higher integer for the z-index. Just try not to use a very large number like 1000.
Best regards,
Nikola Dragiev
Nop-Templates.com
hanz
8 years ago
#10615 Quote
No, doesn't work, even with higher numbers. Anyway, one way to solve it is to integrate the caption into the slider images (as part of the image) to make it clickable. 
nikola.dragiev
8 years ago
#10620 Quote
Hello,

I it possible for you to give us a livestore link for your website(if you want you can send it in a private message, so your website will not visible in the forum). This way we can investigate the problem and give you the best solution. 
Best regards,
Nikola Dragiev
Nop-Templates.com