Close

How to transfer all ShopAll for nop 3.60 settings from one db to another?

nopadmin
8 years ago
#10003 Quote
Hi, 

I have been working on configuring a staging database and site based on nop 3.60 and need to apply all of the same settings to the 'live' db when the upgrade is complete. Where are all of the ShopAll configuration options stored in the database.....ie what do I need to copy from the staging db to the new live db so I don't have to reconfigure everything in the Seven Spike plugins section in the admin backend?
I have moved all of the SS_ tables but that is not all as there are many differences.

Thank you
Shawn
nopadmin
8 years ago
#10004 Quote
nopadmin wrote:
Hi, 

I have been working on configuring a staging database and site based on nop 3.60 and need to apply all of the same settings to the 'live' db when the upgrade is complete. Where are all of the ShopAll configuration options stored in the database.....ie what do I need to copy from the staging db to the new live db so I don't have to reconfigure everything in the Seven Spike plugins section in the admin backend?
I have moved all of the SS_ tables but that is not all as there are many differences.

Thank you
Shawn

Never mind....just saw that all of the configuration settings I needed are in the Settings table.  I had searched there but expected to find names with the SevenSpikes prefix.   Anyway, I updated all of the settings in the 'stage' db with those from the source dev db with this sql:

--see what will be changed first
SELECT  source.[Id]
      ,source.[Name]
      ,source.[Value] as SourceValue
    , stage.[value] as Stagevalue
      ,source.[StoreId]
  FROM [MySource].[dbo].[Setting] source 
  join [MyStage].dbo.setting stage on source.name = stage.name
  where stage.value <> source.value
  order by stage.name

--update the shopall theme settings in the staging db with the values
--from dev source db

update stage
  set stage.[value] = source.[value]     
  FROM [MySource].[dbo].[Setting] source 
  join [MyStage].dbo.setting stage on source.name = stage.name
  where stage.value <> source.value
Deni
8 years ago
#10010 Quote
Hi, 

Yes, all settings are stored into the Settings table.

We are glad that you have found them !
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com