Close

How can I change the mega menu name

tamchu
8 years ago
#9898 Quote
Dear Sir:

We have a multiple licenses, I would like to ask if I can change the name of the mega menu, since I have 2 site using the same theme, if I change from the string resources, all site will change, e.g.I want to change the name "home" to "shop", what can I do?

Best regards,
iliyan.tanev
8 years ago
#9903 Quote
Hi,

The main idea is to have two different resources for each store and use the first resource for the first store and second resource for the second store. 

This is not possible without modifications to the MegaMenu.cshtml view, which we do not recommend because it will make future upgrades harder for you.

However, if you need to do this change please write back and we will assist you making the change.
Regards,
Iliyan Tanev
Nop-Templates Dev Team
tamchu
8 years ago
#9914 Quote
I have a multiple licenses, so I copy the theme and rename as a new name, the site is using the new named theme, I'm not sure if this means different resources.
I want to change shop "home" name to "shop" Ref.: http://vic0147.cherryretail.com/), but if I change the name in the resorces, all the name for other cart will change, I need help to control the name and the position for the menu,
please tell me what to do, I'm green in programming, your help will be much appreciated!
(Maybe the way I duplicate the theme is wrong, all the code is still related to the original theme, escept the CSS)
iliyan.tanev
8 years ago
#9921 Quote
Hi,

I thought you were talking about multi store. 

Can you describe step by step how you duplicated the theme ? Did you just copy the folder ? Do you have two instances of nopCommerce on your server or just one ? 
Regards,
Iliyan Tanev
Nop-Templates Dev Team
tamchu
8 years ago
#9931 Quote
Dear Sir:

Thanks for your great help,

1. I Copy the theme and rename it as a new name
2. Change the theme.config, and the Head.cshtml to the new folder name
3. Inside the nopcommerce, I select the theme that I just created

Am I missing something? that is what our IT support company told me!
Is important that I can use the same theme for different cart, if I change the name and all cart will change, is no meaning for using multiple carts!
iliyan.tanev
8 years ago
#9933 Quote
tamchu wrote:
Dear Sir:

We have a multiple licenses, I would like to ask if I can change the name of the mega menu, since I have 2 site using the same theme, if I change from the string resources, all site will change, e.g.I want to change the name "home" to "shop", what can I do?

Best regards,

How do you have two sites when you don't have multi store and only one instance of nopCommerce on your server or am I missing something ? 
To have two sites you will need one of these things and the problem you are describing can occur only if you have multi store.

Do you mean that you have one site in which you need to switch between themes ? 

Regards,
Iliyan Tanev
Nop-Templates Dev Team
tamchu
8 years ago
#9942 Quote
Sorry my bad explaination, I have 2 site want to use the same theme, so I copy the theme and rename as a name folder, then I want to change the menu name of each theme to a name that I want, like Site One, I want to call the "home" to "Shop", the second site, I want to call "Home" to "My Home",
their theme are all copied from the original theme! So what should I do?
iliyan.tanev
8 years ago
#9948 Quote
Hi,

Can you submit a ticket with link to your site and admin credentials ?

Thanks!
Regards,
Iliyan Tanev
Nop-Templates Dev Team
tamchu
8 years ago
#9951 Quote
Dear Sir:

It seems I can now edit the theme after I copy the theme into the Mega menu theme folder, I will try if I can change the name from the menu document first, if still not working, I will submit a ticket with the account name:genesistam, thanks!