Close

Odd discount behavior

jburke
8 years ago
#9583 Quote
I recently purchased this plugin. The concept is very nice! When I create a sales campaign, add a product to it, it works great for about a minute. For example, if I add a $4.00 discount and visit the product page it has the $4.00 discount. After about one minute I visit the product page and the discount is no longer $4.00 and is now $0.05. It is not the scheduling limit as my banner shows 57+ hours remaining on the campaign. No errors in my log either. Any ideas?
jburke
8 years ago
#9584 Quote
I think I figured out what is causing the issue. We have automatic pricing updates based on market rates. Everytime the prices get updated the discount stops functioning correctly. All we do is update the price in the database. I'm wondering why the discount plugin doesn't just apply the discount amount to the new price..??..
Boyko
8 years ago
#9585 Quote
jburke wrote:
I think I figured out what is causing the issue. We have automatic pricing updates based on market rates. Everytime the prices get updated the discount stops functioning correctly. All we do is update the price in the database. I'm wondering why the discount plugin doesn't just apply the discount amount to the new price..??..

Hi jburke,

The campaign changes the prices only when it is started and then it reverts them back when the campaign is stopped.
So you should not change the prices while the campaign is running.

Actually here is how the plugin works:
When the campaign is started it changes the prices and keeps them in a history table.
When the campaign stops it reverts back the prices. If in the meantime a price has been changed and is different by the one in the history table then the price is not reverted and we log the product in the Failed History Reports.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
jburke
8 years ago
#9586 Quote
Thanks for the explanation. I guess it will not be usable for our store (I wish it was!)

To anyone else reading this, the plugin is fantastic. It just doesn't work with our customized solution so it is not an issue with the plugin.