Close

"Default Widget Zone" setting has no effect when running trial

david.hirst
8 years ago
#9289 Quote
I have installed the current trial edition of Nop Attachments plugin for nopCommerce v3.50. I have also updated all the other Nop-templates plugins to latest version code as of today. My aim was to display the attachments in a tab of the quick tabs plugin which I already have a full version of, but whatever I set the "Default Widget Zone" to, the attachments panel is always displayed in the same place in the product details page (after <div class="product-essential"></div>). The attachments panel itself does appear to work okay in that I can upload and display attachments. Can anyone help identify what can be causing the problem I have?
iliyan.tanev
8 years ago
#9296 Quote
Hi,

If you go to the widget zones tab in the edit page of your attachment do you have both widget zones mapped ? If you do just remove the unnecessary one.
Regards,
Iliyan Tanev
Nop-Templates Dev Team
david.hirst
8 years ago
#9299 Quote
Many thanks for the suggestion, My brain hadn't spotted the Widget Zones tab despite spending several hours trying to get the thing working! (I suspect because it is three clicks away from the default widget zone setting) In my case there was a specific zone set on this tab which I didn't recall setting and on further testing it appears that "productdetails_bottom" is set by default when a new attachment is created. It also looks like the "Default Widget Zone" setting is ignored completely as if nothing is specified in the specific "Widget Zones" tab the attachments aren't displayed at all - I would expect them to use the default widget zone.
iliyan.tanev
8 years ago
#9308 Quote
Hi,

We understand that it could be a little confusing.
The idea of the default widget zone is to map every newly created attachment to the specified widget zone without you having to do it every time.
Regards,
Iliyan Tanev
Nop-Templates Dev Team
malkris0427
8 years ago
#9703 Quote
I've downloaded and installed the latest version of Core plugin and nopAttachments for 3.5. However when I'm trying to change the widget zone setting for attachment nothing works besides productdetails_bottom. Once you try to change the widget zone to any other the attachments disappear. Any suggestions?
malkris0427
8 years ago
#9704 Quote
Is that the bug or restriction set for trial version of this plugin?
iliyan.tanev
8 years ago
#9713 Quote
Hi,

It's not from the trial version. Maybe the theme you are using does not have the widget zone(s) you are choosing. What theme are you using  ?
Regards,
Iliyan Tanev
Nop-Templates Dev Team
malkris0427
8 years ago
#9718 Quote
Yes, that's correct. Now everything is good. Thanks
ezzat2k
8 years ago
#10000 Quote
I just purchased this plugin, and unable to have it display under the quick_tabs_product_attachments_tab widget-zone, I'm running NOP 3.40 with quick tabs installed. I have tried setting the quick_tabs_product_attachments_tab as the default (which never actually works for any Zone), and I also added the dame zone again under that specific attachment Zones. Please Advise, (do I need to modify/change anything under Quick tabs settings?!)
ezzat2k
8 years ago
#10001 Quote
Never mind, I figured it out, and for those who might have the same issue

you need to update _ProductTabsWithoutAjax.cshtml (under SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins/Views/ProductTab ) with this code:  
@** Copyright 2014 Seven Spikes Ltd. All rights reserved. (http://www.nop-templates.com)
* http://www.nop-templates.com/t/licensinginfo
*@

@using Nop.Core.Infrastructure
@using Nop.Core
@using SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.NopQuickTabs
@model SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.NopQuickTabs.Models.TabUIModel

<script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery(function ($) {
        $("#quickTabs").tabs();
    });
</script>
@{
    var attachmentsTabContent = Html.Widget("quick_tabs_product_attachments_tab");
    bool hasAttachments = true;

if (attachmentsTabContent == null || attachmentsTabContent == MvcHtmlString.Empty || string.Compare(attachmentsTabContent.ToString().Trim(), string.Empty, StringComparison.InvariantCultureIgnoreCase) == 0)
    {
        hasAttachments = false;
    }
}
<div id="quickTabs" class="productTabs">
    <div class="productTabs-header">
        <ul>
            @foreach (var tabInfo in Model.Tabs)
            {
                <li>
                    <a href="#[email protected]">@tabInfo.Title</a>
                </li>
            }
            @if (hasAttachments)
            {
                <li>
                    <a href="#quickTab-attachments-in-tab">Attachments</a>
                </li>
            }
            @* Uncomment the code below if you want to have a Tab that gets its information from a Topic. This tab will be shown for all products in your store*@
            @*<li><a href="#quickTab-ShippingInfo">@T("ShippingReturns")</a> </li>*@
        </ul>
    </div>
    <div class="productTabs-body">
        @foreach (var tabInfo in Model.Tabs)
        {
            <div id="[email protected]">
                @Html.Raw(tabInfo.Content)
            </div>
        }
        @if (hasAttachments)
        {
            <div id="quickTab-attachments-in-tab">
                @attachmentsTabContent
            </div>
        }
        @* Uncomment the code below if you want to have a Tab that gets its information from a Topic. This tab will be shown for all products in your store *@
        @*<div id="quickTab-ShippingInfo">
                @Html.Action("TopicBlock", "ProductTab", new { systemName = "ShippingInfo" })
            </div>*@
    </div>
</div>