Close

Strange behavior

Jacob
8 years ago
#9194 Quote
Hello,

I know that this case is going to seem a bit weird, but at this moment, I don't really have a clue about what is going on. We are doing the last tests in a project with the Sales Campaign Plugin, still the demo prior to buying (although I don't really think that is related. We already have several NopTemplates plugins).

NopCommerce version is 3.50, the same for the plugin. The database came from the version 3.40 but has been updated to 3.50, apparently without errors.

I have a campaign, and I have manually added four products. Three of them were already in the database (3.40), and the fourth has been added by me manually, with the admin interface (3.50). 

When I activate the campaign, only one of the products (the fourth) shows the countdown. In the others three, the countdown is not shown. I know that the campaign is well configured because it's working at least in one of them.

I've seen that in the Preview tab, only one product is being shown. So I guess that the products that aren't being shown have something peculiar that the plugin is avoiding. I don't see exceptions or errors, and that makes me think that "normal" code is filtering these products. My problem is that I can't debug what condition is failing.

I would really appreciate a bit of help.

Thanks!
hristian.dimov
8 years ago
#9204 Quote
Jacob wrote:
Hello,

I know that this case is going to seem a bit weird, but at this moment, I don't really have a clue about what is going on. We are doing the last tests in a project with the Sales Campaign Plugin, still the demo prior to buying (although I don't really think that is related. We already have several NopTemplates plugins).

NopCommerce version is 3.50, the same for the plugin. The database came from the version 3.40 but has been updated to 3.50, apparently without errors.

I have a campaign, and I have manually added four products. Three of them were already in the database (3.40), and the fourth has been added by me manually, with the admin interface (3.50). 

When I activate the campaign, only one of the products (the fourth) shows the countdown. In the others three, the countdown is not shown. I know that the campaign is well configured because it's working at least in one of them.

I've seen that in the Preview tab, only one product is being shown. So I guess that the products that aren't being shown have something peculiar that the plugin is avoiding. I don't see exceptions or errors, and that makes me think that "normal" code is filtering these products. My problem is that I can't debug what condition is failing.

I would really appreciate a bit of help.

Thanks!

Hi Jacob,

If the products are not shown in the Preview tab, this means that they won't be affected by the campaign.

The Sales Campaign plugin ignores products which has an Old price or products which are grouped. I guess this is the problem.

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
Jacob
8 years ago
#9214 Quote
Hi Hristian,

You were absolutely right. In fact, I was already looking for something that was preventing the products from appearing in the campaign, but didn't think about the old price. In fact, I see the behavior a bit unexpected, but I get the reasons why it was implemented that way.

Thanks a lot. Great support.