Close

Category Menu Template - Grid WITHOUT pictures

tmebrands
8 years ago
#9095 Quote
Hi,

I want to have the same type of style of GRID but without pictures.

Cheers Gav
hristo
8 years ago
#9096 Quote
gavinramm wrote:
Hi,

I want to have the same type of style of GRID but without pictures.

Cheers Gav

Hello, Gav.

In order to have your mega menu grid without any pictures, first you have to hide the images, and then to zero the margin of the links.
Go to the CSS file of your Mega Menu plugin and find this code:

.mega-menu .picture {...}

and then add "display: none;" to it (without quotes), doing so will remove the images.

Next, find  this piece of code, either  .categories.fullWidth .box ul {...} or .categories.fullWidth .subcategories {...} and look for its  margin property. When you find it, change its value to 0 (zero), this will move the links to the beginning of the box, taking the place of the images.

In case you decide you only want to remove the images without keeping the grid, you can use our "Category Menu without Pictures" template which will change the layout of the menu to a list.
Regards,
Hristo Gospodinov
Nop-Templates.com
jburke
8 years ago
#9602 Quote
I'm trying to do the same thing with nop 3.6, latest megamenu and default theme. When adding display none to this code it also removes the category title:

.mega-menu .fullWidth.categories .box .picture img {
  max-width: 100%;
}
How may I remove the pictures on the Category menu template?
hristo
8 years ago
#9614 Quote
If you remove the images in default theme mega menu in 3.6, then you have to reset the position property of the title from "absolute" to "static" in this CSS stack:

.mega-menu .fullWidth.categories .box .title {...}

This will fix your problem with missing titles.
Regards,
Hristo Gospodinov
Nop-Templates.com