Close

Small question about this theme

gawrrell
9 years ago
#8857 Quote
Hello, If I buy this theme can I extract the HTML, CSS, JS, from it to build my own website? I guess that the javascript files are encrypted, but can them work on custom website?
Boyko
9 years ago
#8866 Quote
gawrrell wrote:
Hello, If I buy this theme can I extract the HTML, CSS, JS, from it to build my own website? I guess that the javascript files are encrypted, but can them work on custom website?

Hi gawrrell,

It is possible but it will be hard for you to do this. All the functionality in the theme is based on nopCommerce markup and functionality plus the functionality and markup of the plugins, so the end result may be quite different without nopCommerce and the plugins.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
gawrrell
9 years ago
#8876 Quote
Yes, it will be hard indeed. But I will keep the page layout(all html elments, classes etc.) and theoretically it should work.

I've seen that, for example,  for your QuickView plugin you have a Js file(QuickView.min.js) and a Dll (SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.QuickView.dll) ... are this two connected? If so, even if I manage to extract the theme it won't work on a php site because I cannot include a dll.
Boyko
9 years ago
#8881 Quote
gawrrell wrote:
Yes, it will be hard indeed. But I will keep the page layout(all html elments, classes etc.) and theoretically it should work.

I've seen that, for example,  for your QuickView plugin you have a Js file(QuickView.min.js) and a Dll (SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.QuickView.dll) ... are this two connected? If so, even if I manage to extract the theme it won't work on a php site because I cannot include a dll.

Hi gawrrell,

You can't have the .dll in a php shop. The logic in the dll uses the nopCommerce infrastructure to load the product information etc. The javascript is related to showing the additional markup and for making ajax requests to the server, so it won't work as well.
In general the plugins with all the files they use are designed to work with nopCommerce and it will not be possible to make them work with other platform.
Of course you can try to port the theme without the plugins and you can implement the functionality of the plugins by yourself.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team